Banker's Agent and Silver Script Referral Program

yogooglethis

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have a prospect who was door knocked by Banker's agent and was sold one of those special med supps that only bankers offers - the ones that are 40.00 more per month then Fl. AARP/UHC but worth it according to BL agent because they never increase in price.Afterwards on 4/28/16 she received phone call from same Bankers agent giving client a " verification number " for her enrollment in to silver script part d.Client never did a telephonic or electronic signature but according to Silver Scripts an application was received for a 5/1/16 effective date on 4/30/16.I am not familiar with the Silver scripts referral program and was wondering if an application can be submitted w/o any type of client signature?

My first thought was maby they signed her medicare.gov, Although not sure why any agent would sign any prospect into PDP plan they didn't want and without their knowledge even at full commission it's not really much.

I wouldn't even sign a client to PDP (at full commission new Enrollment)off a lead if they are not buying a supplement or being very responsive to where I feel it might turn into a referral later

My first thought was maby they signed her medicare.gov, Although not sure why any agent would sign any prospect into PDP plan they didn't want and without their knowledge even at full commission it's not really much.

I wouldn't even sign a client to PDP (at full commission new Enrollment)off a lead if they are not buying a supplement or being very responsive to where I feel it might turn into a referral later

That's what I thought but after call to medicare and silvers scripts we determined application was submitted through silver script website.I was very surprised that Silver Script couldn't confirm if it was compliant or not if an application was submitted without an enrollee's signature.

That's what I thought but after call to medicare and silvers scripts we determined application was submitted through silver script website.I was very surprised that Silver Script couldn't confirm if it was compliant or not if an application was submitted without an enrollee's signature.

I suppose he could have emailed link to himself but just seems weird. Why would anyone risk trouble by forging a PDP app without client's knowledge with $60 comish at best

I have a prospect who was door knocked by Banker's agent and was sold one of those special med supps that only bankers offers - the ones that are 40.00 more per month then Fl. AARP/UHC but worth it according to BL agent because they never increase in price.Afterwards on 4/28/16 she received phone call from same Bankers agent giving client a " verification number " for her enrollment in to silver script part d.Client never did a telephonic or electronic signature but according to Silver Scripts an application was received for a 5/1/16 effective date on 4/30/16.I am not familiar with the Silver scripts referral program and was wondering if an application can be submitted w/o any type of client signature?

Damn, Bankers comes up with more crooked ways to sell there stuff! I remember when they used to be a respectable company and Paul Harvey was a spokesman for them. They must've turned after Conseco bought them.:yes:

Damn, Bankers comes up with more crooked ways to sell there stuff! I remember when they used to be a respectable company and Paul Harvey was a spokesman for them. They must've turned after Conseco bought them.:yes:

Didn't see all that with Pioneer after Conseco bought them and I still don't see it with Washington National.. It is a Banker's problem, not Conseco.. Having PH for a spokesman didn't mean anything.. Anybody could have him as a spokesman if they wanted to part with enough cash.

Didn't see all that with Pioneer after Conseco bought them and I still don't see it with Washington National.. It is a Banker's problem, not Conseco.. Having PH for a spokesman didn't mean anything.. Anybody could have him as a spokesman if they wanted to part with enough cash.

I used to see a lot of shady stuff with Pioneer. I it's being done by the agent selling it, but Bankers seems to train their agents to lie...and Conseco lets it continue. Why do you suppose Conseco changed their name to Washington National?

I was half joking about Paul Harvey...and now the rest of the story.....

I used to see a lot of shady stuff with Pioneer. I it's being done by the agent selling it, but Bankers seems to train their agents to lie...and Conseco lets it continue. Why do you suppose Conseco changed their name to Washington National?

I was half joking about Paul Harvey...and now the rest of the story.....

Conseco changed their name to CNO Financial, not Washington National. WN has been around since 1911..

Scummy.

You can submit an app directly electronically, then you are supposed to print it and fax or email a wet signature to silverscripts for compliance. I don't know how long they wait for the wet signature, it is possible due to the late submission that they just put it through without having a wet signature in hand yet.

Maybe he forged the signature page, or created an email for this client and completed the app through the eapp link. Are you sure he got credit for it?

Also could have slipped in a paper silverscripts signature page into the UHC application, wouldn't be hard to do, their signature page doesn't say silverscripts except for a small "mail to" on the bottom of the page.

If someone wants to be shady, they can figure out a way.

Back