Bankers Fidelity???

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
Just ran a case through CSG Actuarial. All of sudden Bankers Fidelity is showing up with the lowest premium for many ages in my area. Anybody using them? If so, direct contracts or IMOs? Commission rates? Back in the old days I used their sister company, Atlantic American and they were easy to work with.

Just ran a case through CSG Actuarial. All of sudden Bankers Fidelity is showing up with the lowest premium for many ages in my area. Anybody using them? If so, direct contracts or IMOs? Commission rates? Back in the old days I used their sister company, Atlantic American and they were easy to work with.

Seems like a decent company. They have a few hotspots here in IN too. I was going to contract with them a year or two ago but the renewal commission was half of what every other company pays. I think they changed it now though.

JLS Marketing Concepts in Canton Ohio offers them. Commissions are not the highest but their rates are stable so I put my clents with them and they have been very happy and so have I as I no longer had to deal with massive rate increases and angry clients calling me like when I used Assured or Gerber or what ever the flavor of the day was..Underwriting is very easy they take up to 70 units of insuline even with heart issues.

Contacted the HO. Found they have a RD for TN. Tom Manner out of Knoxville. If here are any old time UA med supp folks around, they may remember Tom's dad, Harold. Harold was always a heavy hitter back in the day. Found out he is now 88 and still recruits agents by phone every day. Amazing man.

I can't get them to contract me direct. I have called the home office 10-12 times over the last year and each time I call they tell me they will have someone call me back but they never do. I am not impressed.

I think I recall someone else on the forum mentioning he had a problem getting a contract, too.

In my case, I suspect it is because there is an agency who has an exclusive in Michigan and that might be where the ball is being dropped.

I can't get them to contract me direct. I have called the home office 10-12 times over the last year and each time I call they tell me they will have someone call me back but they never do. I am not impressed.

I think I recall someone else on the forum mentioning he had a problem getting a contract, too.

In my case, I suspect it is because there is an agency who has an exclusive in Michigan and that might be where the ball is being dropped.

They do limit the number of agents they allow to contract with them, at times. You may have tried to contract with them during one of their periods of not taking new agents.
Here in Missouri, I've had nothing but good experience with Banker Fidelity. They do not take G.I. (well they do, but for one time $25 commish), but have 2 different applications for healthy and a bit less healthy clients. Also, very competitive with rates.

We welcome the chance to contract any quality agents to sell our products. If you have not been contacted back, please phone me direct.

Bankers Fidelity is now an "A" rated carrier, and as some of you have noted. We are competitive in plenty of states, easy to work with, and have a stable block of business.

I look forward to hearing from you

Christian O. Novacek
Director – Agency and Brokerage Markets
Bankers Fidelity Life Insurance Company
4370 Peachtree Road, N.E. | Atlanta, Georgia 30319
ph: (404) 266-5691 | cell: (215) 498-5325 | fax: (404) 266-5699 | toll free: (866) 458-7503

Correction:

They are an A- (minus) Carrier.

An "A" rating is one step higher than your rating.

Information above as of October 2012.

Contacted the HO. Found they have a RD for TN. Tom Manner out of Knoxville. If here are any old time UA med supp folks around, they may remember Tom's dad, Harold. Harold was always a heavy hitter back in the day. Found out he is now 88 and still recruits agents by phone every day. Amazing man.

I talked to Harold a few weeks ago (he called my cell phone out of the blue, and he sounded like a client so I didn't brush him off like I generally do most marketers). I was shocked when he told me his age.

He told me to talk to Tom and ask about getting an agency contract for Bankers but never got around to it, Harold wasn't sure what the levels above street were but he said his son would know. 88 yrs old and still active in the business, what a story.

Have been happy using Philadelphia American for the healthy folks, but if they take insulin up to 70 units at their low rate then I need to look at them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Louis, I am contracted with Equitable as well, so as I understand we can use CSG to run rates. How do you gain access to the quote engine?

Last edited:
Back