Bankers Life & Casualty

tripletdad

I am a newly licensed agent looking to get into the senior market. Not ready to go independent yet. I thought Bankers could give me good training and support. Anyone have any experience with them? Any advice is appreciated.

I am a newly licensed agent looking to get into the senior market. Not ready to go independent yet. I thought Bankers could give me good training and support. Anyone have any experience with them? Any advice is appreciated.

There is plenty of threads on BLC on here. My advice would be to go elsewhere.

If you start your career with a captive company I think you are going to find Med Supps much more difficult to sell. Since all plans are standardized every agent is selling the exact same selection of products.

Since coverage is the same with all companies the only thing that is different from one company to another is the premium. Seniors are not going to pay more for the same exact coverage.

If the company you are representing is not one of the most competitive in the sate you are going to struggle. Today an agent working the Med Supp market pretty much has to be an independent agent to attain success.

If you start your career with a captive company I think you are going to find Med Supps much more difficult to sell. Since all plans are standardized every agent is selling the exact same selection of products.

Since coverage is the same with all companies the only thing that is different from one company to another is the premium. Seniors are not going to pay more for the same exact coverage.

If the company you are representing is not one of the most competitive in the sate you are going to struggle. Today an agent working the Med Supp market pretty much has to be an independent agent to attain success.
I have to agree with "Moses" on this one.

Unless you can get a listofllfejhbrh....opps of poicyholerwwaasddfndfn.
If you can't figure it out don't ask.

I've been there, done that. I should have stood up & left when they wanted me to call seniors & use a script written by them.

On the positive note, I learned a lot about different products and plans. But I think you can get that from another agency.

Bankers is for wankers!
LMAO,
I wrote my mom a ltc policy about 15 years ago and about once every six months some new sissy boy at "wankers" calls her up wanting to come out and do a "policy review" lol... she tells him "my policy is just fine it doesn't need reviewing" thanks

I got my start with them as a new agent in 1996. I left in 1999. It took me several months and some good agent friends to unlearn their way of doing things. The branch managers are paid well to recruit new agents. Once you are there, they don't care as much about you as when they are trying to get you to sign on.

Back