Bankers Life Charge Back

Ok ok xrac were talking about $650 bucks what is that like 2 policies?

Just tell the OP to go and do the right thing for HIS customers.

$650 ain't the lawsuits I have been involved with. The last one was $10,000+ in attorney fees.

You could get away with rolling a few policies here and there, BUT if you go replacing everything you wrote systematically they will enforce the Non Solicit you signed. They will likely just want to run up your legal fees to bleed you out, then drop the case. They have much deeper pockets than you...

And this was because you went and rewrote your customers a better policy?

No! My point is just the potential cost involved in a lawsuit if someone decides to make your life miserble.

In Texas a case like this would be laughed off the docket. We're a right to work state you can't stop a man from earning a living.

Now if you sell a business to somebody for millions of dollars, dang right you have a non compete that will be enforced.

You have non-compete and non-solicit confused. They can't stop you from being an insurance agent without some kind of compensation. But they can definitely go after you for taking away customers they paid you to acquire for them.

I'd use my commission statement as a guide. As soon as a policy lapsed per my comp statement I'd go rewrite them with another carrier.

You could get away with rolling a few policies here and there, BUT if you go replacing everything you wrote systematically they will enforce the Non Solicit you signed. They will likely just want to run up your legal fees to bleed you out, then drop the case. They have much deeper pockets than you...

I can go along with this.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You have non-compete and non-solicit confused. They can't stop you from being an insurance agent without some kind of compensation. But they can definitely go after you for taking away customers they paid you to acquire for them.

I'd use my commission statement as a guide. As soon as a policy lapsed per my comp statement I'd go rewrite them with another carrier.

Ok so you believe they are the insurance companies customers.
I believe they are my customers that I placed with the insurance company. I have a legal duty and responsibility to my customers to put them in the best position I know of at the time.

Back the OP Bankers wants him to pay them back the commision they paid him. So by what your saying he should pay Bankers and then he will be free to do what he wants....right?

Last edited:
Ok so you believe they are the insurance companies customers.
I believe they are my customers that I placed with the insurance company. I have a legal duty and responsibility to my customers to put them in the best position I know of at the time.

Back the OP Bankers wants him to pay them back the commision they paid him. So by what your saying he should pay Bankers and then he will be free to do what he wants....right?

What I feel and what is the legal truth are two different things.

I feel that my clients are just that, my clients. Legally they are the insurance company's. Every contract you have is an agent's contract, not a broker's contract. You are acting as an agent for the company to procure business for them. Most of us on here are independent, but we are still agents. As long as you are receiving a commission from the company and not a fee from the insured you are an agent of the company.

Sure, he could pay them back all commission and be free to flip the book, if only Banker's would accept that. Of course they won't because they want the policy on the books generating premium.

Why Banker's tolerates agencies constantly re-writing business is beyond me. Why they want to pay FYC on a policy multiple times is crazy. Each re-write just adds more time to the period they are paying FYC.

axeman462 said:
But then, it occured to me, wouldn't my renewals from the company just pay for it?

Most likely they won't. It has been many years since I was with Bankers but if I remember correctly you did not vest into renewals until year 7 so you will not be entitled to renewals.

Back