Bankers Price increases

Ardvark

Expert
Florida
A prospective customer tells me his Bankers Life MedSup has never had a price increase and won't consider the UHC medsup because they have price increases. Currently in Florida his Bankers is 210/mo and Bankers just told him no price increase for next year. UHC's is 190/mo and approx 5% increase for next year so about 199/mo.He claims to have checked Bankers every year for the past 6 years.

Is there a place that shows the price increases each company has from year to year??

Thanks
Al

Do you really think you can move a client for $11 a month? And many companies have gone more than one year without an increase.

Rick

Sounds like he may be a T65 that has checked rates prior to turning.

Edit: I take that back. It’s prob a 66-69 rate. Yeah he’s not going to switch for that if he’s already happy with bankers.

To the OP yes their last rate increase was 2011. I’m sure they’ll have one soon. Just because they don’t anticipate one in Jan doesn’t mean it won’t happen in some other month.
What’s your zip? I’m betting with uhc’s Increase you might be cheaper with Aetna.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but if you can't tear bankers apart, you shouldn't be in this business. What are their current financial ratings, how long has the agent selling been licensed (likely less than 6 months). You have a better company and will be there to help them. Sell them on this fact.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but if you can't tear bankers apart, you shouldn't be in this business. What are their current financial ratings, how long has the agent selling been licensed (likely less than 6 months). You have a better company and will be there to help them. Sell them on this fact.

What makes UHC, Aetna, Cigna etc a better company? Same doctors, same coverage and claims get paid the exact same way.
If I were somewhat ignorant about Medicare and someone called me on the phone saying I could save $11 month to change companies. And all the while I was completely satisfied with my company, I wouldn’t switch.

What makes UHC, Aetna, Cigna etc a better company? Same doctors, same coverage and claims get paid the exact same way.
If I were somewhat ignorant about Medicare and someone called me on the phone saying I could save $11 month to change companies. And all the while I was completely satisfied with my company, I wouldn’t switch.
But what if they said, I can get you the same coverage, with a dental "rider" for only 10 dollars more per month?

Back