Bankruptcy - can I be an agent?

" ...With our system - a TeleSales Rep can make $150 to $200 a day while creating enough traffic for their managing Agent to knock down 2, 3 or 4 G's a week - depending on the number of TeleSales Reps they manage . . .
Tom

May I ask what "system you use?

Ok I am going to add to this because I am a newbie.

#1 I have a BK I have signed with Farm and Ranch which markets mutual of Omaha and today my Regional manager had me write a letter with dates of discharge and such. But as told here be upfront makes it easier.

#2 I am JUMPING ship to this as a new career. Why because I have friends in it that are doing a good job. Another reason is I have a heart and passion to help people( I am also a Pastor).

#3 But I realize that I can not make GOOD money overnight I know nothing. I also realize it takes time to build a book, get referrals, make calls and knock on doors.

#4 I am maintaining my job at Johnny Rockets for 6 months while I work on building my business. Because I need to pay the bills while making this transition.

I respect every one on here because you all have helped me cultivate my business plan to success. But sometimes I read the answers to NEWBIES post and we get SANDBLASTED for asking a serious question, I mean for us every question searching for knowledge is important to us, please remember we do not know all the lingo and we don't have all the knowledge and answers that you have. Hence why we are here searching and posting. We are hungry to learn from the Experts and Pros here.

I am one to be very direct I call everything as I see it, but the way that the NEWBIES get belittled, is childish and immature. I know it does not happen to everyone or every question.

I am very business oriented and I can tell anyone anything I want but I tell you something I have that is lacking in the attacks on Newbies especially, is lacking TACT. You can be honest without making us feel like an *** or that we will never be as sucessful as you. We respect you and your expericene respect our efforts to be successful. A old adage is 'TO GET RESPECT WE MUST GIVE RESPECT'

Now I know that this will not be well recieved by some here and I am ready to take my licks and defend my position.

Thanks for Listening to a NEWBIE vent

" May I ask what system you use? "

The piece to our puzzle is we create our own leads via various methods - inbound and outbound. The CSR's or TeleSales Rep handles everything but explanation of benefits and pricing - then "transfers" the lead - whether live or call back - to a Writing Agent in their division. This way the WA spends their time on only closing deals or golf . . .

So far - So good for the short time we've been doing it. Our work week is Mon - Thur 9am to 5pm with lunch from noon to 2pm. It works!

Rick,

Congrats on your decision. You can close deals from home in your spare time if you hook up with the right group and make a few bucks. If you ever need a place to hang your hat - ring me up. Good luck and God Bless . . .

First off bud... I feel offended by your comment that this industry is a "quick" way to earn money... are u out of your damn mind? People with that attutide are what cause clients to not trust us.... I predict u will sink faster than the boats at perarl harbor.... this market takes years of stroking in order to et an income that will approach paying the bills... for anything.... that sling it against the wall mindset is whats wrong with this industry.

You have to understand that there are people who are sharper than you and can accomplish more in less time.

Insurance is a BIG money making business and should attract heavy hitters. That does not mean they lack any morals, just that they are movers and shakers.

I have made more money faster in this business than in others and have the highest standards of anyone. The reason? I am a PROFESSIONAL SALESMAN.

As far as trust, I wouldn't trust you or anyone else to tell me what I need to know. Even a doctor or lawyer.

Is it just me or is this the Dave Ramsey syndrome? I've failed and declared bankruptcy and so I should transfer that knowledge to insurance and financial services?

No real offense intended to anyone in that situation but what makes you believe insurance sales are the answer?

What other choices did you look at before deciding insurance was the ticket?

You have to understand that there are people who are sharper than you and can accomplish more in less time.

Insurance is a BIG money making business and should attract heavy hitters. That does not mean they lack any morals, just that they are movers and shakers.

I have made more money faster in this business than in others and have the highest standards of anyone. The reason? I am a PROFESSIONAL SALESMAN.

As far as trust, I wouldn't trust you or anyone else to tell me what I need to know. Even a doctor or lawyer.

First off Rabbi, How do u know if anyone is sharper than me... do u know me? have u met me? and what makes u think they can accomplise more in less time? That point of yours has no grounded fact to back it up. Now, i won't tell u that u are wrong because I have never though I was the king of insurance sales however I will not stand by as u throw me under the bus.

I'm glad u have made more money faster in this biz than any other... good 4 u! but that still does not address the very valid point i made regarding the OP... and that was his request to make a fast buck for retirement. He indicated that he was after renewal commissions for retirement and I only started to debate out with my point that it will not happen overnight. and also to point out renewal commissions in health insuraance do not sit there forever, after one year client gets rate increase 6 months later another increase and BOOM, client gone... thats not retirement income. If he is not there to move the client to another policy due to rate increases..IE, still working not retiring...he will loose that income overnight. Also the time it will take him to build a large client base will take years... now, im not talking the little 50 to 150 client base, im talking the 500+ client base like I built with just me.

Again Rabbi, tossing me under the bus does u no good because my entire post was related to the OP's quest for health insurance to become his retirement income and him being 57ys old.

" I would be interested to know how many of your "healthy" policies have been issued as ANL has horrendous underwriting. "

I haven't experienced any UW issues. They actually walked through a guy for me that was in a serious car wreck and had severe brain trauma. I like AN. GR seems to be good too! The new kid - or - carrier - well, they have the chit . . .

Peeler you remind of the croonies at a cock fight:

" well said big bob!! sickum' "

" btw tommy two tone... insurance IS NOT MLM if you are direct with the companies, just more proff that u are a tobacco road con man "

1) Why name calling? What are you - 12?

2) Insurance is the purest form of MLM - even for direct reps. Somebody somewhere above them is making money off your production. Just they call them - Sales Managers, or V.P of Sales, etc versus "upline" . . .

3) Why do I have to be a "con man"? Is there a difference between a Rodeo Drive con man over a "tobacco road" con man? you like calling people names and belittling others don't you peeler? Got picked on in grade school maybe?

You have issues pal.

You think what you wish peeler - but the Insurance industry was built for salesman and closers - regardless of where they come from. We are just that - closers!

So long as a rep is ethical, honest and an advocate for the client - then what's the problem? I don't know about you - but we show our clients several plans and allow them to choose whichever plan they like.

But like i said - you have issues . . .

Tom

WOW!! such intersting things that can be found via public data sites!! Cowboy Way no?

" WOW!! such intersting things that can be found via public data sites!! Cowboy Way no? "

LOL - you have too much time on your hands.

I am who I am - can't help it . . .

Now - if you wish to make it personal peeler - I'm sure everyone has skeletons in their closet. Mine? I'm not worried about mine. Those close to me know my life story. Those in business with me know my life story.

Exactly why since March I've been preaching to people to get in the Insurance biz. It's an excellent vehicle to create large direct income - quickly. It also provides a business that requires no inventory or large investment - yet produces an above average income - quickly. It provides anyone - except those with a criminal past to start over and still realize their dreams - quickly.

Thus the reasons for me telling those asking on this forum about bankruptcy, foreclosures, etc to get in the business and change their lives - because it can be done. I've done it . . .

So long as one is ethical, honest and upfront with their business associates and clients - the past is the past . . .

So please don't act like some internet Dick Tracey and think you have stumbled upon something special - because I doubt anyone really cares . . .

Tom

Back