Bankruptcy Need Home Insurance

wow314

Guru
100+ Post Club
Got a client who filed bankruptcy and now no one wants it. Even surplus is saying no. Anyone have any ideas. In NC.

What does the loss history look like? Are there any other negative risk factors? If not, surplus lines should have no problem writing. I've even seen large major carriers make an exception. Also, depends on the type of bankruptcy.

never seen a carrier decline on credit......in fact, i dont think they can....

Carriers can definitely decline based on credit factors in the standard market. But surplus lines decline seems fishy. What is the rest of the story? Claims, protection class, updates to home, etc... It's got to be a combination.

Was she in foreclosure as well? I know a lot of companies will decline based on foreclosure status, its a loss waiting to happen.

Heck, even in CA, where credit isn't an issue, they will decline if the house has been in foreclosure in the last year.

I usually could get them through with Travelers though. Haven't had this challenge recently.

Dan

Client has no losses. Even owns a business. It is a knock out question with every company I try. J&J and JSA and Hull & Co have all told me no with a bankruptcy.

Do you have Foremost there? I don't think they decline for credit (at least I've never had them do that). Their rates won't be great, but if it's all they can get....

Back