BC, Assurant, Aetna, Humana.....who else?

Who else do you recommend being appointed with for health ins?

Contact your local DOI and find about what companies offer health insurance products. Get appointed with every single one except MEGA and any other captive companies. John P. wrote a message a while back illustrating all the top carriers in the nation. Guide to Insurance of something like that. Get all of them under your belt and start studying.

Much depends on where you are located and where you will be selling.

I am appointed with probably a dozen health carriers but only use 2 or 3 on a regular basis. I could probably let my BX appointment go except people still ask for them. Same for Time & World. They have nothing to offer except in the rarest of cases.

Find out who is competitive in your area and work with them initially. You can add more carriers as needed.

Definitely depends on location. If you are going to go and get licensed with many, you will need a quoting engine, quotit or norvax. Without it, you will not have the time to go in and do 10 separate quotes. But, remember, the quote engines are limited when it comes to loads, ratings etc. If you are new to the industry, get the best 3 in your area and go from there. After you are successful with those, start adding companies.

If you do have time to go in and do 10 separate quotes, you are not going to make any money anyways. LOL JK :)
</IMG>

The main players are Aetna, Assurant, Blue Cross, Golden Rule, Humana, Unicare and World. If those companies are in your state you'll want to get appointed with all of them, even though 2 or 3 of them will likely make up 90% of your business.

world.....really......

The main players are Aetna, Assurant, Blue Cross, Golden Rule, Humana, Unicare and World. If those companies are in your state you'll want to get appointed with all of them, even though 2 or 3 of them will likely make up 90% of your business.

Imerica.

Here, then gone, then back again.

Non-rated.

Yep, that's a winner.

I don't care who they beat in price. You are not going to find my clients buying from them.

Back