BCBS Commission Schedule With an Effective Date on or After Janua

jbage007

Guru
100+ Post Club
Blue Cross Texas Commissions - 8 Percent!

Don't believe me?

click here

"final" is a good word as I have officially written my "final" piece of business for that mickey mouse outfit.

same one that has this clause in its contract:

we can cancel your contract at any time with 30 days notice without any reason at all, and if we do, no further commissions will be payable.

FUBCBSTX

Agent Commission Schedule Under Age 65 Products for All Individual Health Contracts Sold With an Effective Date on or After January 1, 2011 First Year Schedule All New Permanent Individual Health

Contracts First Year 8% Initial Preferred Premium

All New Temporary Health Contracts (no change) 15% Initial Preferred Premium Renewal Schedule (Based on Initial Paid Premium)

All Renewed Individual Health Contracts

Year 2, and each year thereafter 5% Initial Preferred Premium Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas A Division of Health Care Service Corporation, a Mutual Legal Reserve Company, an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.

Re: BCBS Commission Schedule With an Effective Date on or After J

Someone needs to explain to me how 8/5 will allows an agent to pay his/her mortgage.

Rick

how 8/5 will allows an agent to pay his/her mortgage.

This guy shouldn't have any problems.

Very_Mobile_Home.jpg

I thought BC/BS of Texas would have the same commissions as BC/BS of Illinois, since they're both owned by Health Care Services Corporation.

But it looks like everything IS INDEED bigger in Texas...including the commission cuts from BCBS.

Illinois = 10% for average producers / 15% for above average Eff 1/1/2011.

Actually, most Blue Cross companies don't need agents. They have enough "Star Power" to maintain and grow their customer base via online methods, media advertising, etc.. For example, even though BCBS is one of the more expensive here in Illinois, the bevy of BlueCross plans take up the top 20 spots on the list when a quote is requested @ www.healthcare.gov.

-ac

Last edited:

I've thought this through and here's what I think I am going to tell prospective clients, henceforth:

Sorry ma'm, but Blue Cross don't axept brokers no more. Of course, you could buy direct from them, but then, you wouldn't have an agent to look after ya when they jack their rates 26% (because they ARE undercutting the market at this time).

Back