BCBS FL Plan 700 (What's the Catch?)

I am not posting any more information, I've already proved my point, which is most of you have no clue nor are willing to take the time to actually do the research necessary to understand any health insurance policy, not just the Blue Options Plan 700. There is nothing in the contract that excludes coverage for non-surgical or hospitalization events, it's just a matter of using the proper facility to obtain the benefits, not exactly a difficult requirement considering my clients save thousands of dollars a year in premium and out of pocket expense.

Those of you who actually are appointed agents with BCBSFL obviously haven't read the contract for any of their health plans, that's really pathetic. The rest of you would rather just talk out of your asses than learn something.

Very, very pathetic. bye bye.

I am not posting any more information, I've already proved my point, which is most of you have no clue nor are willing to take the time to actually do the research necessary to understand any health insurance policy, not just the Blue Options Plan 700. There is nothing in the contract that excludes coverage for non-surgical or hospitalization events, it's just a matter of using the proper facility to obtain the benefits, not exactly a difficult requirement considering my clients save thousands of dollars a year in premium and out of pocket expense.

Those of you who actually are appointed agents with BCBSFL obviously haven't read the contract for any of their health plans, that's really pathetic. The rest of you would rather just talk out of your asses than learn something.

Very, very pathetic. bye bye.

So why is it called a hospital/surgical plan? Is the OOP max for calendar year or per incident? Nothing in life is free, the insurance company isn't pricing the plan that low just to be nice. You still didn't answer my question about prescriptions being covered outside a hospital or not directly related to surgery, cancer, diabetes, etc either. Not sure why you're getting worked up about people asking questions...

Well FLM been appointed with them since you were probably a baby. I suggest you take what you're reading to an attorney to have them pick it a part, because I am sitting here at this moment reading that outpatient hospital facility services are only covered if RELATED to a surgery ONLY. This plan is not meant to be in the true term a MAJOR MEDICAL, it is hospital surgical combined with Go Blue plus prescriptions were added. Good luck on getting all your health related problems treated.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
So why is it called a hospital/surgical plan? Is the OOP max for calendar year or per incident? Nothing in life is free, the insurance company isn't pricing the plan that low just to be nice. You still didn't answer my question about prescriptions being covered outside a hospital or not directly related to surgery, cancer, diabetes, etc either. Not sure why you're getting worked up about people asking questions...

No max oop is per calendar year. The $500 er deductible is per incident. The way I understand and also the agent service center is the prescriptions yes are covered outside of surgery. I cannot find where the outpatient cancer is specifically covered except FLM in his list that may be covered is outpatient drugs. I don't get upset about people asking questions and I show the plan 700 along with two or three others everytime and if one explains them properly most likely you will sell something besides the 700. We long time agents with BCBSFL have a big problem with some newer and telephone agents with BCBSFL because that is all they sell is plan 700 just to get a sale.:D

Last edited:
Well said.

One thing -
Plan 700 is a 250 Deductible in FL. anyway...
It is cal. year.

Last edited:
plan 700 has no limitations and is competitively priced. it covers OP services.

Plan 72 is the limited option and that plan has been retired.

Last edited:
Hi,

I know I am reviving a bit of an old post, but I haven't reached a solid conclusion as of yet regarding the 700 plan. Some seem to advocate that it is a plan which has some deficits in coverage, while others suggest it is a good plan as long as you use it appropriately. I am not looking to start a war, just looking to find solid evidence regarding the efficacy of the 700 plan.

Perhaps my questions are as follows:

- Does the BCBS 700 plan cover an individual in case of any major medical occurance? If not, what conditions would be expressly excluded? I am not concerned regarding office visit copays as those are pennies compared to the myriad of other medical expenditures. I am really more concerned about coverage when it comes down to any and all forms of cancer, strokes, cardiovascular problems, diverticulitis as well as mental problems such as Parkinson's, Alzheimers, etc.

What does the 700 plan lack that some of the richer plans offer?

I have read the plan benefits for the 700, but it does not seem to clear up my confusion.

:err:

this has been hashed to death, the info is there for you to read. the Plan 700 is a hospital surgical plan, while maybe better than Golden Rule's Saver 80 hospital surgical plan, you are still exchanging low premiums for the risk of the majority of out of pocket costs coming out of your pocket.

My mother died of cancer in Dec, trust me if you added up her costs in the hospital vs outpatient costs---doc visits, meds-etc, you would of been up shits creek without a paddle on a hosp surg plan like the PLAN 700.

With a large claim, on average, about half the total bill is after discharge from the hospital which means no coverage.

$100,000 bill = $50,000 on your dime.

Mark, sorry to hear about your mom. If I knew she died, I forgot.

With a large claim, on average, about half the total bill is after discharge from the hospital which means no coverage.

$100,000 bill = $50,000 on your dime.

Mark, sorry to hear about your mom. If I knew she died, I forgot.

Thanks Bob, I really didn't discuss it much with anyone.

Back