BCBS of AZ

jacodaro

Expert
Arizona
Received an email titled "Good News" and that they are "pleased to announce" that commission is going from 12% to 10 %. As usual, as earned. Those with a large book of business can earn "up to 12.5%". And they are removing incentive compensation.

Pinnacle Benefits Group out of N. Carolina now offers several American Republic branded products with unusually high compensation.

AM Rep's career shop only offers HSA's in AZ. I don't get it.

The A.R. product is private label. It is a decent product that may or may not be competitive in your area. It is reasonably competitive in some spots in GA.

PBG is a good IMO to work with. They offer some interesting products & give good support.

The A.R. product has a paper app that can be faxed in. They will do a phone interview on every app and will order an APS if the applicant has even driven by a doctors office in the last 3 years.

Underwriting offers heavy loads for some things and riders for others.

I got the same e-mail from BCBS AZ. But I don't write much with them so it didn't bother me. I think that they have been trying to get away from agents selling individual policies for awhile. They are mostly focused on groups with 20+ employees. Thier 2-9 group rates are horrible!

Latest posts

Back