BCBS of FL Ind Health Commissions

psl07

Does anyone know what an MAA gets paid on a BCBS of FL Individual Plan? $300 an app? First month's premium? Trails? Thx in advance.

When you find out let me know. BC does advance an annual commission though a percentage not a flat rate per app. Don't know about the trails. I bet I know who is offering you that deal? Let's play guessing game a MGA out of Jacksonville?

You can get around 16% - not sure about the renewals.

What renewals?

hahahhaa

mb like 2-3%

I don't know if they still do it, but they had this deal where you had to pay them or their little processing company for your renewal payments or some such sh#$.

Yep $45 per month to "Payroll Services"...wtf

Last edited:
I am a BCBSFL MGA agency. The agencies under us have a direct contract with BCBS. The first year commission is 18% annualized with 6 month chargeback and the trails are 4% for the life of the policy. I am not the MGA from Jaxs.

I'd like to sell BCBS of FL individual product. Where do I start? I couldn't find any information on their website. Can anybody help me? Thanks.

I'd like to sell BCBS of FL individual product. Where do I start? I couldn't find any information on their website. Can anybody help me? Thanks.

What city are you in? Blue might be able to tell you more about the MAA. But I believe and I could be wrong you have to have an office or store front to be an MAA. Broker is different but less commissions depending on your MGA. I could offer you a broker contract anywhere in Florida (no I'm not an MGA) but there are no renewals. I don't even receive them so what Blue said was all new to me and I've been here 13 years. I guess this is something I should bring up with my MGA and then pack my bags.:laugh:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am a BCBSFL MGA agency. The agencies under us have a direct contract with BCBS. The first year commission is 18% annualized with 6 month chargeback and the trails are 4% for the life of the policy. I am not the MGA from Jaxs.

Tell me more lol. I've always had one or two nagging questions over the years, maybe you will or won't answer.

First if replacing a medicare supplement with BC supplement are commissions paid? Are their renewals? Are their renewals on Med Advantage plans. If you don't feel comfortable answering just say so.

Last edited:
Medicare just started paying renewal commissions just a few months ago. Under 65 business has been paying renewals for awhile. The original MAA contract was 22% with no renewals and now it is 18% with 4% trails on under 65. Technically there are no brokers allowed. Just captive under a CGA agency or under an MAA. You do not have to have a storefront to be MAA. You do need to have a real business. Just a SS# does not work. Some of our MAA are working from home selling over the phone. If you are interested in contract details, please feel free to contact me directly.

Back