BCBS TX Group Still Not Processed After a Month. Advice Needed.

braeburn

Expert
BCBS has been promising me that my group would be processed by year end with a 1/1 effective date. Now they are saying they can't do that.

What should I tell my clients to do?

One group member has a individual policy with BCBS that the group was going to replace.

Everyone else will be without insurance.

BCBS has been promising me that my group would be processed by year end with a 1/1 effective date. Now they are saying they can't do that.

What should I tell my clients to do?

One group member has a individual policy with BCBS that the group was going to replace.

Everyone else will be without insurance.

Why can't they do it? Feel free to PM me.

They are covered under the new plan on 1/1/16. The blue may not be able to provide cards and booklets by the first, but they will have a group number you can share with the employees along with a plan summary.

So call the blue, get the group number, print off a summary and let the insureds know.

You know there was a time before cards..... ;)

You're fine, there isn't a good carrier that isn't struggling to get as many groups processed as right now. 1/1/ sucks as an effective date because about 75% of the business out there use it so it creates a huge bottle neck.

Most providers know this as well. As long as the employee can give them the group # they should be fine.

Why can't they do it? Feel free to PM me.

The said they no longer have a time table on group applications and that it has been taking six weeks to process because they have been getting buckets of applications.

It took 25 days to for initial review instead of 10. Then they followed up on some minor things. I was told today that they wouldn't even look at that email that would clear it for underwriting till next week.

They are covered under the new plan on 1/1/16. The blue may not be able to provide cards and booklets by the first, but they will have a group number you can share with the employees along with a plan summary.

So call the blue, get the group number, print off a summary and let the insureds know.

You know there was a time before cards..... ;)

You're fine, there isn't a good carrier that isn't struggling to get as many groups processed as right now. 1/1/ sucks as an effective date because about 75% of the business out there use it so it creates a huge bottle neck.

Most providers know this as well. As long as the employee can give them the group # they should be fine.

They won't have a group number by 1/1. I was told that IF it goes through -
(no reason it shouldn't only issue was having to provide W4s for proof of income because the group was to new for a TWC report) -
the group could have any expense covered between 1/1 and when it goes through.

I have seen some crap along the way but this is a new low. I have been assuring the client all is well and now I am made out to be a liar.

The said they no longer have a time table on group applications and that it has been taking six weeks to process because they have been getting buckets of applications.

It took 25 days to for initial review instead of 10. Then they followed up on some minor things. I was told today that they wouldn't even look at that email that would clear it for underwriting till next week.

They won't have a group number by 1/1. I was told that IF it goes through -
(no reason it shouldn't only issue was having to provide W4s for proof of income because the group was to new for a TWC report) -
the group could have any expense covered between 1/1 and when it goes through.

I have seen some crap along the way but this is a new low. I have been assuring the client all is well and now I am made out to be a liar.

Is the group going to be active on January 1? Not in the system, not ID cards, but effective 1/1? It may not be through underwriting until 1/15, but what is the EFFECTIVE DATE?

This isn't Indy. You can be processed in Feb for a 1/1 eff date on group.

Is the group going to be active on January 1? Not in the system, not ID cards, but effective 1/1? It may not be through underwriting until 1/15, but what is the EFFECTIVE DATE?

This isn't Indy. You can be processed in Feb for a 1/1 eff date on group.

The group is old and up my ass to get the coverage. I broke it down to them today and it went well enough. No one likes it when they are going to get back dated coverage.

You are right it will be processed with a 1/1 effective post 1/1. They came back with other super minor thing today after a day of phone calls. I am hoping it that it will be processed quickly.

I am just very disappointed in BCBS TX in the new world now you need to get your group coverage in before December.

The group is old and up my ass to get the coverage. I broke it down to them today and it went well enough. No one likes it when they are going to get back dated coverage.

You are right it will be processed with a 1/1 effective post 1/1. They came back with other super minor thing today after a day of phone calls. I am hoping it that it will be processed quickly.

I am just very disappointed in BCBS TX in the new world now you need to get your group coverage in before December.

Uhhh...this is small group. Its been this way for at least 20 years. If you want a 1/1, WITH ID CARDS IN HAND, you better have it turned in the Friday before Thanksgiving. I don't care who the carrier is.

7/1, its 6/1. All other dates, you can turn it in by the 15th of the prior month and be OK.

Glad the client was good, though. That's what matters.

1/1, WITH ID CARDS IN HAND

I was hoping for 1/1 with a Group ID / coverage in place. Cards are over rated. I just wanted to show the coverage was in place not a promise of possible coverage.

You guys calmed my nerves. So all is good. I am a e-app junkie and am so used to everything working at the speed of light. As well as clients being less than understanding or trusting in the process.

BCBS has been the slowest but admittedly it was the last to go in on 12/2 and they demand all paper.

Again thanks for calming my nerves.

You guys calmed my nerves. So all is good. I am a e-app junkie and am so used to everything working at the speed of light.

BCBS has been the slowest but admittedly it was the last to go in on 12/2 and they demand all paper.

Again thanks for calming my nerves.

They don't demand all-paper any longer.
Read your BCBSTX newsletters.
They'll even train you to use their Electronic Group Enrollment Platform.
More than 2 recent newsletters tell you about the BlueDirections Webinar dates.

BlueDirections processed groups for me...in December, 2015.... in less-than 2 weeks.

More info here:
http://www.pages02.net/hcscnosuppre...1&spJobID=801107910&spReportId=ODAxMTA3OTEwS0

Back