BCBSGA Adjusting Commissions!

sman

Guru
5000 Post Club
Evidently they heard from enough of us to make the correction.

[FONT=&quot]Dear Valued Business Partner,
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Late last year, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia announced a change to the Individual Agent Commission Schedule which moved commissions on renewal business from 10% to 7%. The change was effective January 1, 2011, however, our system applied the 7% renewal commission to December 2010 premiums that agents received in January. We are working aggressively to correct those commissions and reflect the 10% renewal commission rate which should have applied to the December 2010 premiums.[/FONT]

The mistake was on December 2010 commissions.Renewals were run at the new January 2011 rate of 7%. It should have been 10%.

They have not changed their mind and raised any commissions though.

I never said they changed commissions. I said they were "ADJUSTING" commissions and gave a portion of the email that clearly speaks of the renewals for December.

Don't get too much faith in them. Never forget, they think they are the gold standard among all carriers. I believe the only reason they did this is because the commission department was bombarded with emails and phone calls.

This renews my faith in them a bit. Now I just wish I had more policies that will be affected.

Back