BCBSIL Axing Commissions 2017?

Did you notice in today's BCBSIL agent newsletter that the company will not require us to prove to them that we've certified for 2017 FFM sales?

This MIGHT indicate that BCBSIL will stop paying commissions.

Did you notice in today's BCBSIL agent newsletter that the company will not require us to prove to them that we've certified for 2017 FFM sales?

This MIGHT indicate that BCBSIL will stop paying commissions.

Maybe, but my guess is that all the carriers will be using:
"The Agent and Broker FFM Registration Completion List (RCL)"
It is even stated in the newsletter:
"This year, we will only use the RCL to confirm your registration status. "

Maybe, but my guess is that all the carriers will be using:
"The Agent and Broker FFM Registration Completion List (RCL)"
It is even stated in the newsletter:
"This year, we will only use the RCL to confirm your registration status. "

yes, I saw that and I realized that most of the other carriers were always using that list. I just find it strange that Blue Cross decides to do this for 2017. all the while, cutting back on other agent support functions some major some minor but it's still a cut in support.

yes, I saw that and I realized that most of the other carriers were always using that list. I just find it strange that Blue Cross decides to do this for 2017. all the while, cutting back on other agent support functions some major some minor but it's still a cut in support.

Although, I don't trust them at all when it comes to our commission for 2017. I think that this is actually to streamline their system. Previously they had to actually hire staff to review those certificates, now they have to only update their system to reconcile with CMS data - in the long run, it's more cost efficient option.
Yes, it's true that they are cutting on some agent support, but they are updating the agent portal, on the other hand. For me the option that they added this year: printing IdCards, and changing/adding HMO groups, were significant, since they cut my phone calls to producer line around 80%.
Right now we can only speculate if they pay or not. Obviously we all hope that they will.

Did you guys get a (much) lower commission check from BCBS of IL then usually? I did. I didn't call them yet but I guess it is because of the billing mess they been having. A lot of people didn't get September invoices on time.

I didn't even get my statement yet and either did my one of my fellow agents.

Back