BCBSIL Axing Commissions 2017?

ARus, here's a thread with good info on 2017 for Illinois.
http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...th-insurance-information-2017-a-t80884-2.html

I've also read that CIGNA has changed it's mind and will not offer IFP in Illinois for 2017.

Allen where did you read that?

I read about it in the CIGNA thread, here in this Illinois forum. It makes sense, since CIGNA has also changed its mind about Texas for 2017.

See here: Texas | ACASignups.net

Back to Blue Cross... I received this e-mail from them yesterday. Hopefully, those of you who had a big commission shortage did as well.

"Sept. 23, 2016

BCBSIL Under 65 Premium Posting Delay Affects Some Commissions

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) has identified you as a producer affected by late premium postings that impacted your August commission statement released this week.

While processing commissions for the compensation period ending Aug. 31, 2016, some under 65 policy premiums were not applied in time to be reflected in your August statement, resulting in an underpayment.

As a result, your September commissions statement, typically delivered in mid-October, will include the amount owed to you. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Producer Service Center by calling 855-782-4272, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT or emailing."

ac

Illinois people....I went to the BCBSTX meetings yesterday. TX is getting paid, exact numbers are not finalized, but I am really hoping its true in IL, too.

We also need some help. There's a major issue with how new enrollments are being processed after the RPP upgrade.

We will not be able to see members until AFTER the binder check is received. So if you enroll someone in the FFM, until the make the first payment, we can't see them. We will not be able to call/email them with the member ID and payment options.

We will not be able to see who their PCP is, so that we can change it prior to 1/1.

We will not know if they have paid until AFTER it posts.

The member will start receiving calls asking for money approximately 1 week after enrollment. So if you enroll them in Nov, the calls start before Thanksgiving. (Because everyone wants to pay their January 1 bill before Thanksgiving)

If its an Off Ex app, the binder payment is required with the app. If for some reason you do a paper app, if they don't get the binder payment in 30 days, the app is eliminated.

We need the ability to see members within a reasonable timeframe after enrollment. The binder payment is not going to work.

If you could bring this up, I think it would really help. While the room exploded yesterday down here, they need to keep hearing that this is going to be a critical issue during OEP.

thank you for that valuable information kg mom. My Blue Cross of Illinois rollout meeting is Friday October 7th.

I attended this Tuesday's meeting in Orland Park. At the very end they displayed a long-awaited commission screen with no commission numbers. Only general ideas that 2017 commission would % not PMPM and would depend on your production. They don't know the numbers yet.
In addition renewal commission on current book of business may be changed (read lowered). My first thought was that it was illegal.
Most agents left the meeting within seconds after hearing about it.
In my opinion they want to see agents' reactions first before deciding on commission.

I attended this Tuesday's meeting in Orland Park. At the very end they displayed a long-awaited commission screen with no commission numbers. Only general ideas that 2017 commission would % not PMPM and would depend on your production. They don't know the numbers yet.
In addition renewal commission on current book of business may be changed (read lowered). My first thought was that it was illegal.
Most agents left the meeting within seconds after hearing about it.
In my opinion they want to see agents' reactions first before deciding on commission.

Ridiculous experiments. It is time for our reaction to be more organised. We can stay and wait something to fall from the sky. We should be proactive.

All of these Illinois carriers seem to wait until a week before Open Enrollment before divulging commissions. It's crazy what Obamacare is doing to all of us who write individual health.

Now, with Harken Health leaving the marketplace, BCBS-IL has even less reason to pay us a commission in 2017. They already don't want Obamacare Exchange business. As of Jan 1, 2017, BCBS-IL will suddenly be the only feasible option for millions of people.

All of these Illinois carriers seem to wait until a week before Open Enrollment before divulging commissions. It's crazy what Obamacare is doing to all of us who write individual health.

Now, with Harken Health leaving the marketplace, BCBS-IL has even less reason to pay us a commission in 2017. They already don't want Obamacare Exchange business. As of Jan 1, 2017, BCBS-IL will suddenly be the only feasible option for millions of people.

The slide with the % on uninsured was very telling. All 5 states are under 50% of possible individual clients are insured and they want all of them. They must have said 10 times "our competition is the uninsured." And they need the agents to find them. BCBSTX is the only feasible option here, too.

The slide with the % on uninsured was very telling. All 5 states are under 50% of possible individual clients are insured and they want all of them. They must have said 10 times "our competition is the uninsured." And they need the agents to find them. BCBSTX is the only feasible option here, too.

That makes a lot of sense KGMom, because those without health insurance at this point are probably healthy. Thanks again for sharing what you learned in the BCBS-TX meeting. Fingers crossed here in Illinois!
ac

Back