BCBSTN Looking at More Steep Increases of 30%+

Well there's fantastic news. Another year of explaining why rates are hitting and smashing through the ceiling. I can only move people down to lower cost plans so long before there are no more options. Stick a fork in it, it's overdone

I'm not surprised, I'm seeing 25-35%+ increases being requested in my area.

At least one carrier said they TRIPLED their request because of the failure of the Risk Adjustment payments.

Aetna is requesting up to 33% increases for on-exchange individual plans in SC.

Cigna is at almost 17%.

Hell, UHC is even requesting up to 17% on off exchange individual plans.

I havent seen anything for BCBS increases yet for SC. But Ive had small groups renewing in the 7%-9% range.

Well there's fantastic news. Another year of explaining why rates are hitting and smashing through the ceiling. I can only move people down to lower cost plans so long before there are no more options. Stick a fork in it, it's overdone

I hear you, man. Same here. Many of my off-ex are already on the cheapest compliant plan on the market. If it goes up 30% more, the healthy ones are just going to drop it and pay the fine and take a non-compliant plan.

I hear you, man. Same here. Many of my off-ex are already on the cheapest compliant plan on the market. If it goes up 30% more, the healthy ones are just going to drop it and pay the fine and take a non-compliant plan.

But there is no death spiral. Bueller? Bueller?

30% last year and another 30% this year. Plus, lower commissions or no commissions is starting to make me really consider dropping out now. Luckily, health is just a side project for me.

Back