BCBSTX Discontinue U65 PPO Network

It was. $2 a shot at Chevy's. Thursday was national Hotdog Day. All the Chili-Cheese Dogs you could eat for $1 each at Sonic. I gorged. An app on my phone updated and started alerting me to these things. Thinking about removing it now.

El Fenix has $2.99 margaritas all weekend to help us in Texas celebrate yet another blow. You may not want to remove that app AllenChicago; you may need all the $1 deals you can get by the end of the year. When ACA people learn they do not have to pay penalties if they have health insurance 9 months out of the year there may be more fall off of business. I've had a few of my clients mention that to me.

When ACA people learn they do not have to pay penalties if they have health insurance 9 months out of the year there may be more fall off of business.

People like that fail to grasp the purpose of health insurance. It's like the folks that think if they go to church on Christmas and Easter they won't go to Hell.

People like that fail to grasp the purpose of health insurance. It's like the folks that think if they go to church on Christmas and Easter they won't go to Hell.

Right. I don't think they will cancel it. I had to have a stern conversation with them about that very thing. Get tired of selling and reselling all year long to some of these people.

When ACA people learn they do not have to pay penalties if they have health insurance 9 months out of the year there may be more fall off of business. I've had a few of my clients mention that to me.

It's amazing how little-known aspects of the ACA and other government programs manage to reach, and be comprehended by, people who can benefit from them. I had a homeless guy describe how he receives more Obama dollars by living out of his almost new Hyundai SantaFe, than he would if he was renting an apartment.

Good move for the industry.... suck it up people.... you knew it was coming if you listened to me.... next. cigna will probably now yank the filing on the PPo.... no one wants to be that one guy... and they will be the ONLY one with a PPO and hence getting all my prego and sickos... you listening Chaz Pierce?

Are those the ONLY 2 PPOs on the Exchange? What about Humana, Aetna, UHC? Yes, you are so right. It's difficult to imagine that there would be any PPO offerings anywhere in the 254.

Is it market specific? I've noticed for "on exchange" in Corpus Christi (my hometown) that offerings are: Humana Bronze HMOs & PPOs from Bronze to Platinum, BCBS Bronze to Gold HMOs and PPOs and Platinum HMO and United EPOs. I suppose that it would be in United and Humana's best interest to drop their PPO/EPO option, lest they get all of the sickos. I suppose that each agent could research their particular market to see how the benefits and networks match up. Do most U65 agents focus on a particular geographical area? What's it like for smaller less populous counties? I'm curious to learn more. How much of your client load gravitates to the HMO v PPO option? What are their characteristics? Older ppl more interested in PPO? This is some crazy sheet! I'd need some vodka too.

Checked out another zip code (Seguin, Tex, 78155). Humana not there. Aetna, Community First and BCBS are there. Common thread is that BCBS is avbl in EVERY Cty so far. Might it be possible that BCBS would just drop out entirely in some counties? Or any of the carriers for that matter?

----------

Good move for the industry.... suck it up people.... you knew it was coming if you listened to me.... next. cigna will probably now yank the filing on the PPo.... no one wants to be that one guy... and they will be the ONLY one with a PPO and hence getting all my prego and sickos... you listening Chaz Pierce?

Then it will become a domino effect with zero carriers wishing to offer a PPO, lest they get all of the high risk ppl. Some counties don't offer anything except BCBS products, so they really would not have any other options.
I wonder what this NEW PRODUCT is that they're pitching to CMS mentioned in the 4th paragraph?

Last edited:
Back