Becoming a New Agent

Brianna Ybarra

Can anyone give me any advice on pre-licensing training courses?

I am looking to be licensed in P&C as well as Life & Health.

I have looked at prelicensetraining.com (So far are more affordable)
Has anyone use their training course and had success?

I agree with marindependent. My tendency though is that I may find myself memorizing questions & answers and not necessarily learning the concepts.

Years back when I had a job outside of insurance, I took several vacation days off and attended pre-licensing P&C and L&H prep classes. I was a bit overwhelmed when I had received the state manuals to prepare for taking exams so I had heard about Stone Insurance Education and what they did. It did cost some money and took several vacation days, but by doing it, I got prepared much quicker and understood more which helped me pass the tests the first time...plus, they tend to know more about what will be tested and helped us "students" focus on those items compared to me trying to learn everything in the manuals. They solely teach for OK exams but surely CA has several of these type of insurance testing prep services to choose from.

You might also look up on youtube something like, "insurance pre licensing" and see what pops up. I just did that and there are videos that might be of help to get you prepared.

I wish you well!!

Back