Becoming an agent

KC330I

Hi Everyone! I am looking to transition to selling insurance I already have some experience and I have my adjuster and P&C licenses/ I have been talking with American Family does anyone know anything about working for them? Any suggestion for the Kansas City Area?

Sorry for the lack of responses but it seems all the P&C agents are busy doing customer service at this time.

You should really consider going into health and life insurance, that way you will have more time to be on this forum. HAHA

Just kidding.... somewhat...

but anyway I know a couple of AMFAM agents and they seem to be pretty happy with their setup. I would also check into Nationwide and Allstate. Steer clear from Farmers Insurance they will no do anything for new agents.

I need to agree... P&C isn't worth the headache... I'm tempted to just sell life for awhile... I wish I knew more about health....

Here's the deductible, here's the copay, here's the the out of pocket max. Would you like side of fries with your PPO? Health insurance is a commodity and extremely to sell. The hard part is generating business.

P&C Pain in the butt, Constant service.

I know a lot of former P&C agents who's life is a lot more pleasant now that they are in L&H. No need for an expensive "office" and they can work in their underwear. :D

Most P&C agents I know would probably disagree with me. Maybe because they have never concentrated on L&H.

However, I may very well be wrong.

I like Life much better, but I don't understand like HSA's and only slightly understand ppo... I'd have no problem cold calling for 4 or 5 hours a day from 1-5 and hanging door hangers for the first three for life...

I like Life much better, but I don't understand like HSA's and only slightly understand ppo... I'd have no problem cold calling for 4 or 5 hours a day from 1-5 and hanging door hangers for the first three for life...

There are plenty of successful L&H agents on this board that will be more than willing to help in any way they can.

If you are considering the Senior Market I would be more than happy to share what I know. My phone number is listed. Please don't hesitate to give me a call.

What specifically don't you understand about HSA's and PPO's?

Here's the advice I was given when I first started selling Life Insurance. This business is the hardest easy job in the world. It doesn't actually take hard work to succeed, but it does take effort.

That's what I want to get back to, I want to get away from the constant service work for what I say is really crappy commission. Yet I don't want to drive around all the time collecting money (Monumental Life). If I come to your house, it's to write your policy, not to talk you into buying something you think you don't need.

Sorry, today was seriously a rough day, and I needed to vent....

To answer the question at hand, I've never sat down and studied a health insurance plan to understand it. Coinsurance is a mystery to me.

All depends. I actually do not know any American Family agents. I have some friends who tried the P&C thing and did not like it (Farmers).

What area in KC are you looking to service?

Latest posts

Back