Becoming an AGLA Captive Vs. Special Representative

calmdown504

I'm a new agent and I know I want the sell for AGLA, however I'm not sure if I want to be a career agent vs. being a special representative (independent). I would earn more commission if i went the SR route, anybody know about the pros and cons?

I read on AGLA's website that they offer a lot of support and hands on training to the SR therefore I would've liked to take advantage of this. Is there any validity to this statement? Rather than train for 17 weeks, I would like to hit the ground running, making the most money possible for my work. Is this a self destructive approach?

Just looking for some general advice from you guys.

Thanks

Take the training if a newbie, I did the same with the same outfit, don't transition from salary or comp until
you can sell term life insurance, for any carrier, nuts and bolts
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It is a stepping stone, you don't go from writing small life cases to life altering annuity cases, work on the short cases, let the small pile up you should be fine. This is not get rich quick, this is get rich from time and experience put in. Any internet marketing organanizations that lay it out to be sure thing, well there is many. The most finacially affluent persons I know work in this indudustry. Get yourself with the right carrier or life brokerage
:biggrin:
AND i HOCK NOTHING BUT GOOD INFO
DAVE

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds as if you are a new agent.. The training you would receive as a SR is minimal.. That is for experienced agents. If you actually produce as a captive agent, you will find that with the monthly bonus, you will not make a lesser commission as a captive. If you you aren't a producer, it isn't going to make much difference.

I would go the career route. They give you free NFIB leads and you can get a book of business. Try to "validate" as quickly as possible and you'll never look back. If you can consistently write 2 apps per week you'll make bonuses etc that will make your comp at LEAST as good as the SR and probably better. Remember NO lead cost!!!!

I would go the career route. They give you free NFIB leads and you can get a book of business. Try to "validate" as quickly as possible and you'll never look back. If you can consistently write 2 apps per week you'll make bonuses etc that will make your comp at LEAST as good as the SR and probably better. Remember NO lead cost!!!!

My daughter has been with AGLA as a career agent for one year. She is having good success and looks like she will make $50,000-$80,000 this year. However, with that said I would also say that they have had probably 6-7 other agents start and fail since she started.

My daughter has been with AGLA as a career agent for one year. She is having good success and looks like she will make $50,000-$80,000 this year. However, with that said I would also say that they have had probably 6-7 other agents start and fail since she started.

Industry wide the 5 year survival rate for agents is only about 10%. She does what she was trained to do and probably is a self starter. The others probably weren't.

Wow... Serious numbers there

Back