Becoming an Independent Agent in VA

Agent Paola

Hello!
I was wondering if anyone in here has had any experience becoming an dependent agent in VA. I've been reading about clusters and aggregators . I've read about Smart Choice, SIAA. I've also read some people have had bad and good experiences with them. So does anyone has any recommendations of any group in Virginia to start with?
Any responses would be appreciated!

What part of VA? What experience do you have? What type of insurance are you wanting to sell?

Sorry for so many questions but depending on what type of agency you want to build may depend on the answer and advise given by others!

Should have given that info... sorry! First post! I am licensed in P&C and Life. I've been licensed for 11 years and been in the insurance business 13 years. I'm currently working for a well known standard insurance company. I want to start my own independent business I'm just looking for people who have experience doing this. I want to start doing personal and commercial which is my area of expertise. What is the best way to go, a cluster, agregator, or just try to get appointed directly with non standard carriers?

Should have given that info... sorry! First post! I am licensed in P&C and Life. I've been licensed for 11 years and been in the insurance business 13 years. I'm currently working for a well known standard insurance company. I want to start my own independent business I'm just looking for people who have experience doing this. I want to start doing personal and commercial which is my area of expertise. What is the best way to go, a cluster, agregator, or just try to get appointed directly with non standard carriers?
You can definitely try to get appointed with non standard direct. Being a part of a cluster will not get you the non standard. You will have to get this outside of them anyway. Find out the best companies to get access to and see if you can get that without a cluster. I would call the reps personally and tell them your prior insurance experience and see what they have to say.

Back