Becoming an Independent in California

AuditorinSoCal

I am located in California and am currently a premium auditor. I had my license and let it go inactive but am considering renewing it before it is too late. I work as an independent contractor now and can dedicate the necessary time to start a new business. I have made a lot of contacts in my 6 years of auditing and would like to make the jump into insurance sales. I found SmartChoice and it sounds promising. Has anyone utilizes this service? Is it fair and supportive?

Hey AuditorinSoCal. I am a new agent also, and have found, through this forum, that a lot of agents here recommend Health Choice One. Do a forum search, and there is good info on them. Also do a google search. Hope that helps.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
a lot of agents here recommend Health Choice One.

Sorry, I didn't read the post thoroughly. I don't think you are looking to be an independent health agent. If you decide to though, check them out.

Last edited:
Becoming a health agent in CA is tough right now from everything I have been seeing. I'd make sure you have a clear and realistic plan, and lots of proven sales experience. In CA I think P&C or Life ins is the way to go...

Back