Becoming an Insurance Agent for State Farm

interested4more

I currently work as a team member for State Farm. I am licensed in P&C and am going to pursue a Life & Health license after the first of the year.
I do not have a degree (which they do not necessarily require), my background check is clean, I know how to write out and fire with my eyes closed and I have a serious ability to convince people to pay $300 per month premiums.
I want more though and I would like to own my own business. I've researched what it take to become a State Farm agent and of course, all of the information from them seems like it is a wonderful way to go, but I want to be sure it is absolutely feasible before I start to take this long journey.
So, my ultimate question is do you think someone who has no degree, lots of experience, a good credit score and a clean record who is young and has lots of time on their hands to commit can be hired in as a successful State Farm agent?
Thanks for you feedback!

There is nothing in your background or experience that should hinder you from being successful. However, if I were you and would read all of the threads on this website about the State Farm "opportunity". The fourth largest thread on this site is about SF. Becoming a State Farm Agent

After I read that thread I would go here and read. NASFA Membership

My own personal opinion is I would not touch the SF "opportunity" with a 10 foot pole.

Back