Becoming Independent Agent

BKW2014

I am looking at starting my own independent agency. I am just getting back into the field after taking some time away. I have been a captured agent in the past but want to go independent. Can anyone give me advise on where to look? I am in Colorado and have my license for Life-Health-Property-Casualty.

BKW

I am looking at starting my own independent agency. I am just getting back into the field after taking some time away. I have been a captured agent in the past but want to go independent. Can anyone give me advise on where to look? I am in Colorado and have my license for Life-Health-Property-Casualty. BKW

Pick one or the other to focus on. Life and Health is easier to get contracts with companies directly to sell their products. Prop & Cas not so much..You either need to partner with an existing agency, find a "cluster" out by you that will most likely have a fee and take a part of your comm, or start by selling the non standards such as progressive.

If it's been a while since you've been in the game I would suggest finding someone to work with for a bit that knows what they're doing and can point you in the right direction.

I am looking at starting my own independent agency. I am just getting back into the field after taking some time away. I have been a captured agent in the past but want to go independent. Can anyone give me advise on where to look? I am in Colorado and have my license for Life-Health-Property-Casualty. BKW

It is better to have a focus. However, if you're trying to figure out your focus, I would get appointed with Mutual of Omaha and have access to liberty mutual through their MOMCO partnership. you would have access to home auto life disability long-term care and Medicare supplements. Then you could get appointed with a health company if that interest you.it would be a fast way to get up and running, just my thoughts.i'm speaking to text via my cell phone so I'm sure that there's some grammar or punctuation errors.

I am currently working with an independent here in Colorado. I am P&C licensed. The independent I work with is American Affordable Insurance (aai). Great company, incredible commission. If you want to talk, call me at 720-471-7795. Good luck!

"The independent I work with is American Affordable Insurance (aai). Great company, incredible commission.

Isn't the Company name Affordable American Insurance?

We are an independent brokerage. We have a quite a few of our clients who are P/C agencies. Each market is a bit different. The agencies that we work with are commercial and personal lines.

I'd suggest picking a format that makes sense. For example, we have agents who simply want high contracts and they do all the work. We have others who have us do all the underwriting and processing. Then another who we have partnered with to service existing clients. Find the format that works best for you and look for input as to best approach clients.

If you'd like more info, I'd be happy to share it with you.

Back