Becoming Self Employed - Options

monstrhuntr

Super Genius
Looking ahead to quitting my job and going full time self employed. Right now I have a high deductible HSA plan through medical mutual at work. Can anyone give me ideas at to my options? Any help would be appreciated.

What state are you in? You may have to go with individual depending on the requirements for group coverage as a new business. In either case you should have quite a few options.

What state are you in? You may have to go with individual depending on the requirements for group coverage as a new business. In either case you should have quite a few options.

Live in Ohio. Just my wife and I. Kids are grown. I will be a one man show so I don't think I can do group. Trying to figure out if I can somehow keep my med mutual plan after I leave. Not really a question I can ask HR since they don't know I'm working on leaving. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Live in Ohio. Just my wife and I. Kids are grown. I will be a one man show so I don't think I can do group. Trying to figure out if I can somehow keep my med mutual plan after I leave. Not really a question I can ask HR since they don't know I'm working on leaving. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Hopefully, Chumps from Oxford will see this. He's in Ohio and I am sure would be willing to help you. Or PM him. Good luck!

Back