Being a Nationwide Sub Agent?

gradyinsurance

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Does Nationwide have a "Subagent" program? An insurance agent across the street from me (P&C only, most crop insruance), has recently started selling Nationwide products. We already have a large Nationwide Agency here in town, and the large Independent Agency in town offers Allied (Nationwide) products. What is the deal? Does he write the policies and send them to the Nationwide agency for submission? Also, if Nationwide is offering a "subagent" program, how likely is it that when/if I get my P&C licenses, that they will allow another agency to get with them (via subagency, whatever), making 4 agencies, offering the same company, in a town with a population of 500?

Thanks, Dave.

I was hoping someone had heard of this, or maybe I called it by the wrong name. Basically, I think it works something like, the app is written up at the subagency, sent to the local agency for Nationwide, and it is written up as if the subagent was a agent for the Nationwide agency, just out of another office.

Any Thoughts,
Dave.

Not sure about the P&C portion but it's possible to sign up for the life portion like I am through one of my IMO's. Ask your IMO if they are contracted with them.

I was wondering about the P&C. One of the IMO's I go through does offer the life products, and there is also an Allstate affiliate that is available, with a name like Lincoln Benefit or something like that. But I wanted to know about the P&C because I am considering getting my licenses next year, and want to maintain the independence of my small agency. As stated in my introduction, I inherited a small L&H agency in a small town, and am trying to keep it independent and under my ownership. I am not looking to make a fortune out of the P&C business, but I was thinking of it more of a cross-selling opportunity to expand the L&H business. The agent I know that is doing it, well, he is in basically the same boat as I, he inheirited his agency from his dad, and they have always been primarily Crop insurance. They don't sell L&H, but he needed something to supplement his income, so he got on with Nationwide.
Just a thought,
Dave.

Back