Ben Feldman Interview

They are GREAT recordings!

Yes! I could listen to him all day. Been reading up on some of the old greats and writing notes Feldman and Savage.

"Term insurance is temporary, but your problem is permanent".. I think that applies at least in some way to everyone we speak to.

Irwin Burt Meisel had quite a few sayings of his own:

</title> </head> <body bgcolor="#87ceeb" text="#000000" link="#0000ff" alink="#ff0000" vlink="#800080"> <script type="text/javascript"> ////// Compete ///////////////////// __compete_code = '667f89f26d96c30e99728fe6a608804d'; (function () { var s = d

Would you prefer I’m honest or diplomatic?

· You can avoid the premium but you can’t avoid the problem.

· You ought to give everything away on your deathbed but it takes darn good timing.

· Section 6166—it is a “buy-now-pay-later plan. They never work.

· It doesn’t matter who is right but what is right.

· By buying life insurance your family’s destiny is in your control.

· When you are disabled, would you prefer a check or a get-well card?

· These are trying and difficult times. I keep trying and you keep being difficult.

· The will to win means nothing if you don’t have the will to prepare.

· If you work for money only, you are always underpaid.

· If you don’t do the estate planning right you can lose the ball game on the last play.

· As you go down the road, the theory kind of goes out the window and reality sets in.

· Any interview that deals in price and product and not needs, isn’t going anywhere.

· It is paper wealth but it is taxed.

· Nobody thinks this is his or her last day.

· Life insurance is like a parachute. If you don’t have it on and in place when you need it, you won’t need it again.

· A critic is one who hides in the hills while the battle is going on, then later comes down and shoots and loots the wounded.

· There is a difference between a bargain and a value.

· It is so difficult to live within one’s income. How can the survivors live without one?

· Don’t leave your family as hostage to chance, luck or charity.

· A lie will run out. The truth will work out

· The insurance agent fills a void, things people can not do for themselves.

· I will go away if you want me to but the problem won’t.

^^^if I had to resort to those sayings...nah..I'd just eat a bullet. That is crap and especially the reason I despise life insurance "salesmen"

Time and context changes things. I'll never forget a few years ago when I got my hands on several old John Savage recordings. When I first heard him in the 80's, he was an original insurance "rock star". Listening to the same material 30 years later I was thinking "What was I thinking" ever thinking this was so great? It was great in its time, but not today. The principles are the same... the methods have changed.

I will go away if you want me to but the problem won’t.

Ever since I started using this in my own tone I feel like my closing ratio went to 95%.

Well it worked and that is all that matters.

Indeed.

Yes of course, some of the sayings wouldn't work nowadays but thats not really the point. At least in my opinion. Some of them can be retooled to fit your personality and your style and others would never work. Really depends on the person. I still find it hard to just say "oh these won't work" based on the volume of business he wrote. Its incredible no matter how you look at it.

Back