Beneficiary Question

RichardN

Father passed away and had a small life insurance policy with our mother as beneficiary.
Mother passed away before father.

Insurance company asked for names of all children so we gave them info including the name of our brother who has also passed away.

Insurance company asked for names and addresses of his children and we sent them the info.

The insurance company has sent checks to myself and the two remaining living children but did not send any money to the children of our deceased brother.

Cannot get an answer out of the insurance company as to why they did it this way especially since they asked for the names of our diseased brothers kids.

We remaining children have no problem giving our diseased brothers kids their fair share but I am just wondering why the insurance company would not write checks to them. Like I said, talking to the insurance company I’ve the phone gets us no answer other than that’s how they are paying.

Also wondering if this is normal procedure. I don’t think it’s right that we get paid and then we have to get together and work this out. Looks like the insurance company would take care of all that.

It could messy is our big problem. We remaining children are willing and able to divide the money with those kids.. they are all adults.. but it’s their mother who is the problem. If we go writing them checks then their mom is going to wonder if we are cheating them out of something. She is a real piece of work..lol

Father passed away and had a small life insurance policy with our mother as beneficiary.

Insurance company asked for names of all children so we gave them info including the name of our brother who has also passed away.

Insurance company asked for names and addresses of his children and we sent them the info.

The insurance company has sent checks to myself and the two remaining living children but did not send any money to the children of our deceased brother.

Cannot get an answer out of the insurance company as to why they did it this way especially since they asked for the names of our diseased brothers kids.

We remaining children have no problem giving our diseased brothers kids their fair share but I am just wondering why the insurance company would not write checks to them. Like I said, talking to the insurance company I’ve the phone gets us no answer other than that’s how they are paying.

Also wondering if this is normal procedure. I don’t think it’s right that we get paid and then we have to get together and work this out. Looks like the insurance company would take care of all that.

It could messy is our big problem. We remaining children are willing and able to divide the money with those kids.. they are all adults.. but it’s their mother who is the problem. If we go writing them checks then their mom is going to wonder if we are cheating them out of something. She is a real piece of work..lol

Not uncommon.

What’s the Difference Between Per Capita And Per Stirpes Beneficiary Designations? | Mastry Law Estate Planning

Per stirpes can be tricky for carriers to administer

Do you know how the Contingent beneficiary reads?

I would assume that if their was no contingent beneficiary, then all of the face amount would’ve been sent to the estate.

Back