Benefit-Related Violations

Allysa

The DOL posted their inflation schedule for benefit-related violations. While the inflation amounts did not change that much, it is a really great reminder of the multiple compliance items for Employers. For example, failure to provide the Summary Benefits and Coverage is increasing from $1000 to $1,087 per failure.

This is my first post to this Forum so I'm unable to copy/paste the link that will take you to the list but if you go out to the Department of Labor site and look for, "Interim Final Rule Adjusting ERISA Civil Monetary Penalties for Inflation" it will pull it up.

The DOL posted their inflation schedule for benefit-related violations. While the inflation amounts did not change that much, it is a really great reminder of the multiple compliance items for Employers. For example, failure to provide the Summary Benefits and Coverage is increasing from $1000 to $1,087 per failure.

This is my first post to this Forum so I'm unable to copy/paste the link that will take you to the list but if you go out to the Department of Labor site and look for, "Interim Final Rule Adjusting ERISA Civil Monetary Penalties for Inflation" it will pull it up.

Thanks Allysa...(im not a benefits guy but appreciate reading the info)

How long you been doing Benefits?

Back