Benefits of a Pension plan

brief... both could be considered part of a comprehensive financial plan that might also include real estate, disability coverage, nonqualified investments, collectables and any other item that has a potential market value.

Could anyone of you get me a brief about the benefits of a Pension plan over the WL plans?

Regards,
Jeff

Briefly... you can stash more income pre-tax using a pension plan.

Using an age-weighted defined benefit plan with a 401(k) safe-harbor "carve-out" component, I've had clients making $500,000 put away 50% of their income away for retirement. The typical client in this income range will save between $25-35,000 in federal taxes in the first year alone.

The costs are considerably more than a WL plan. Typically, between 100-150bp advisory fee and the TPA's retainer/fee to write, maintain and keep the plan IRS compliant.

Again, I fail to see why anyone bothers responding to his questions.

I agree with you, Bill. This question doesn't even make sense. I have tried to answer some of his questions in other posts thinking it may help others even if it went over his head, but I think this guy is nuts.

I vote to have him banned from the agent site. His questions betray a complete lack of insurance basics, so he must not be licensed.

Latest posts

Back