Bernie's Promise to Bankrupt Health Insurance with Berniecare

It appears he not only wants to eliminate choice in the insurance industry, thereby eliminating insurance altogether. He also wants to eliminate oil and gas companies and is proposing a very expensive carbon tax on anyone who drives a vehicle. Sanders plans to bankrupt the oil and gas companies to force us to go green. He plans to eliminate fossil fuel altogether. His tax pan is fairly draconian and raises taxes substantially on all including the middle class. The tax hikes hit self employed people the hardest. Even if the insurance companies did not go bankrupt or I switched to life insurance, I do not see how I could stay afloat with that kind of a tax burden. What Sanders is proposing seems more akin to communism. It seems like America has gone very far to the left. Sanders is wildly popular but I do not see why. His proposals would hurt the very people he claims to want to help. How can I succeed when my federal tax burden sky rockets to 50% and I am paying a 9% state income tax, property tax and a carbon tax on my vehicle ? Who would vote for someone that promises to raise your taxes and reduce your freedoms? What happened to the common sense candidate ? America is looking very bleak right now. We are losing our freedom. I fear for the future of the USA.

I'm not a sanders backer back any means but his plans are to lower taxes for the middle class. I'm not saying that's what he'll do, only that his plans are to lower it.

Bernie can burn in hell. One of my International carriers got a bill from a Cabo San Lucas Mexican private hospital on a client for 1177000 pesos which equates to $70,000 usd for a three night stay with surgery. I have the bill.
So it is total BS what you hear on TV about cheap foreign care.
If he didnt have insurance or pay it they wont discharge the patient. That is reality.
There is so much BS on TV why bother watching? Bernie is scary..another dreamer like the one there now. Having good insurance saved the clients butt

Last edited:
I read something an article on yahoo where he was explaining his system. He was giving the example of someone not being upset if he taxed them an extra $5000 if it meant they didn't have pay their $10k premium a year. That in the end they were saving $5000.

I even read the comments that people left assuming someone would notice the obvious. It didn't seem that they did...

WHERE DOES THE EXTRA $5000 COME FROM???

I read something an article on yahoo where he was explaining his system. He was giving the example of someone not being upset if he taxed them an extra $5000 if it meant they didn't have pay their $10k premium a year. That in the end they were saving $5000.

I even read the comments that people left assuming someone would notice the obvious. It didn't seem that they did...

WHERE DOES THE EXTRA $5000 COME FROM???

He said it comes from 1). getting rid of the middle men (insurance companies) and 2.) paying medical providers the same rate as Medicare.

Bernie's been consistent about this ever since his weekly appearance on the Ed Schultz radio show from 2010 to 2014.

The way most health insurance companies have started belittling us agents, I now like Bernie's idea of cutting them out of the equation! (Amazing how I've turned 180 degrees on this in just the past 12 months.)

First choice is TrumpCare. Second Choice is BernieCare.

This year, a family of four taking the standard deduction can have income up to $28,800 and not pay this tax under this plan.

I think the first $28 is excluded per the comment above, and then 2% on the remaining comes to that $466.

I just wasted 5 minutes of my life reading this fairy tale.

Even Queen Nancy said the same thing recently:

Nancy Pelosi pushes back on Bernie Sanders' pledge to raise taxes - CNNPolitics.com
But the top House Democrat didn't mince words when it came to Vermont Senator Sanders' health care proposal, dismissing the notion of a single-payer health care plan, curtly saying, "That's not going to happen."

But then Pelosi took another pointed swipe at Sanders' plan, saying, "It's no use having a conversation about something that's not going to happen."

Back