Best balance between immediate Cash Value and Growth?

Tomacatawata

Hi All,

I am a 31 year old, healthy male who is looking to get an additional IUl/WL/UL/VL policy. I currently own a Whole life policies in Metlife that's 10 years old today that I over-funded 7 out of the last 10 years. I am planning to over fund that again since I didn't really understand how Cash value worked until last week. The policy itself though currently has ~$450K DB, the premium is 1.5K and I can only put up to 4.8K every year for the entire policy.

I am looking to buy more life insurance as a means to store my money for down payments on investment homes. I consider it a more efficient use of my money then storing it in a bank. From my understanding it would allow me to earn interest on the money, while simultaneously being able to invest the money.

I know if I were to solely focus on year 1 with a MM HVEC policy, the cash value that would kill my cash growth over the long term. But at the same time, I don't want year 1-3 to eat up so much of my premium that the opportunity costs makes it not worth it.

What policy/mix/company/etc would be the best for me in my situation and my goals?

Back