Best Books on Life Insurance

BladeRunner

Expert
Hi, I'm a first year producer. I have a good understanding of term insurance, but when it gets into whole life, etc., I'm feel a bit lost. Are there any good books that explain the different products in a plain simple way? I tried looking for "Life Insurance for Dummies" but couldn't find it. Amazon had some good reviews on life insurance books, but I thought I'd ask here before I buy any. I'm looking for something that gets to the the nuts and bolts of the policy differences, features and benefits. Thanks!

-Blade

When I first started I read Ben Baldwin's The New Life Insurance Investment Advisor and found it very helpful. It is a bit old now and a little to enamored of variable UL, but it is still a good read, in my opinion.

One of the easiest ways to sell whole life, courtesy of topgunproducers, sell guaranteed death benefit and guaranteed level premium.

KISS.

One of the easiest ways to sell whole life, courtesy of topgunproducers, sell guaranteed death benefit and guaranteed level premium.

KISS.

Gotta admit - it is the easiest way.

Working for Combined Insurance, all we've got is non-par whole life with a maximum face of $250,000. When I talk to folks about it, all I do is compare it to the uncertainty of term insurance. It certainly gets their attention.

No, it's not "the best" policy out there. But their situation would be improved by buying non-par WL than buying only terminating insurance.

It's also a great seque to talking about critical illness insurance... it's practically a guaranteed sale!

Gotta admit - it is the easiest way.

Working for Combined Insurance, all we've got is non-par whole life with a maximum face of $250,000. When I talk to folks about it, all I do is compare it to the uncertainty of term insurance. It certainly gets their attention.

No, it's not "the best" policy out there. But their situation would be improved by buying non-par WL than buying only terminating insurance.

It's also a great seque to talking about critical illness insurance... it's practically a guaranteed sale!

I almost forgot you went to Combined. How is that going for you?

My only complaint about Combined insurance is upper management's focus on micro-management. They have an activity tracking method that's even more detailed than the OCS (and that's not a good thing IMO).

With Combined's focus on keeping everything easy, with simplified underwriting (no paramed), it makes it easier to talk to anyone about the product line.

No software required at ALL - even on the life insurance! A full and complete ratebook combined with a great presentation system/method... it's a great system.

And I've got to admit... I've got a great manager. If I had to choose a manager to manage me, I'm glad I've got the manager I've got.

Has anyone read this book and if so was it worth purchasing?

Secrets of Successful Insurance Sales : How to Master the Value Added... Kinder

Back