Best CE Courses and Pricing

the mayor

Guru
100+ Post Club
In the "Reading 101" post below, paradign mentioned CE's.

Where do you folks get your CE's?

I have found widely varied pricing for the same online courses.

In the "Reading 101" post below, paradign mentioned CE's.

Where do you folks get your CE's?

I have found widely varied pricing for the same online courses.

If you attend these free seminars the carriers give esp for annuity companies they give you CE vouchers. I think I have like 6 stockpiled now.

Otherwise courses can be 10-50 depending on how many credit hours they are. Also usually 15 hours a year is required and 3 of that must be in ethics at least in the Peach State.

I do P&C in MA and need 60ceu's in 3 years.
I already scored a chunk...but I like to keep my eyes open.
It looks hard to get freebies in MA.
But, I found ( I hope this isn't considered spam) that by going through The Hartford School of Ins's WebCE link, I could get all my ce's for 36.95 package price. Going through other sites links to the same WebCE courses was much higher.

I know states and markets vary greatly....just wondering what others are doing.

I do P&C in MA and need 60ceu's in 3 years.
I already scored a chunk...but I like to keep my eyes open.
It looks hard to get freebies in MA.
But, I found ( I hope this isn't considered spam) that by going through The Hartford School of Ins's WebCE link, I could get all my ce's for 36.95 package price. Going through other sites links to the same WebCE courses was much higher.

I know states and markets vary greatly....just wondering what others are doing.

I havent paid a dime for CE in the last 5 years

PA requires 24 hours every two years. As was mentioned above, you can accumulate these hours by attending seminars for which you receive free vouchers to be used for obtaining CE credits. Also, many seminars give CE credits just for attending the seminar Between those two options the cost of CE credits is nil.

I like to use Noble CE - paper based books ordered online shipped to the office for P&C. Here's why.

Im all for learning and brushing up - but most CE courses are carp for that. Take a CIC, CPCU or Risk Mgmnt course - a real one for real education.

CE carp is just to keep the state employees with something to do - push more paper we dont really need to do ... That said ... here's why NOBLE. Since you know my views on the true value of CE's = nada.

Noble uses scantron "tests" ... we scan the books with a scanner and OCR them. We scan the test questions and OCR them, with the correct answers circled on the test questions [multi choice]

We create an archive of these for when a producer or employee with enough experieicne gets in a jam and needs CE's done quick. Buy the course books online that someone has already completed and passed - use the scanned info for the answers. CE's done in minutes not hrs. You can recycle P&C ce courses every 2 years in CA.

I just do webce. CE courses are all a joke anyway. Classic dumbing down of America. You should be able to pay about 40 bucks and do all your CE requirements in an hour and a half while watching TV. You pick some credits up here and there from carrier type courses but they may or may not line up with what your state requirements are. You can also skip the content and just take the tests if you want to save your time to study something real.

Last edited:
Back