Best Cellphone Service Provider (laptop Wireless Too???)

Freddie

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have AT&T and an old phone almost like a Jitterbug (seniors phone). :laugh:

I am look to get a new setup. Can I get Sprint wireless for my phone and laptop? I think the AT&T bundle is about $80 a month.

I had heard Sprint's cellphone service was somewaht sucky but they had a cellphone and wireless internet bundle for unlimited for ???.

Also would like something that would work well with the phone services that has virtual 800 numbers.

Packet8 did not work out for me. I tried to get them to fix it and they said send the phone back.

Thanks. ;)

I managed retail stores for wireless providers before getting into Insurance. I have about 8 years in that business. He is right, it really depends on where you are at. At&t, T-mobile, Verizon and Sprint. I personally have Verizon. Verizon and Sprint have almost identical highspeed networks. But from what I understand VZW can handle more customers in certain areas before someone gets kicked off. At&t has great cell coverage and great internet coverage but their "high speed" coverage is limited. T-mobile always had the best customer service.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
By the way unlimited isn't always always unlimited when it comes to wireless service. Had some customers go WAY over their "unlimited" plans. When signing a 2 year agreement cheapest isn't always the best.

Last edited:
Verizon unlimited air card and unlimited cell phone $175/month.

Never had an issue with either. I've used both, on the boat, at the beach, in the office, and at home. Never have had a problem.

Avoid Sprint. With their horrible service record, suits, and loss of subscribers, I doubt if they will even be around in a couple of years. The whole shooting match is pretty much going to be Verizon and AT&T.

My God, Sprint had to be sued by customers in a class action suit to get them to drop their horrible contract obligation that stuck you with full penalties on the last day of the contract in the same amount as the first day. Now they have to prorate like everyone else --only because they were forced to. They also have huge gaps in service locally on the Interstates -no excuse for that, none.

I got rid of Sprint last month, went back to AT&T, and got an iPhone. Best thing I ever did. I don't need to pay for additional service for my laptop, the iPhone does everything I need. By the way, the service is cheaper, even with the iPhone, than it was with Sprint. Not that it matters, I would have paid twice as much.

Hope this helps.

I have sprint and the price/value is the best by far. Their customer service is getting alot better.

Verizon and AT&T are the big players where I live. I went with the AT&T and am happy (after I got my bill straightened out). Good luck!

Verizon doesn't offer an unlimited air card anymore, at least not in my area. In fact, I think the monthly limit is something like 5 gig on what used to be the unlimited plan.

More than enough for web/email. Don't download much of anything though, you could go through the limit pretty quickly (well, not to fast, we are talking an aircard, not cable).

Sprint's customer service has always been bad. But when I had Cingular a few years ago they made Sprint look good. Hopefully it has improved in recent years. I've had Sprint for years but haven't had to deal with their customer service in some time.

T-Mobile is known for good customer service, but it appears that that's how they've managed to stay in business since their coverage is so poor.

Back