Best Cold Call Ever

This is a staged call. No question about it...

If this doesn't sound like every single role-playing thing I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing, I'm crazy.

There is NO WAY this is a live call. Not a chance. Zip, zero, nada.

Derec is a decent talker, but nothing special, IMO.

Do you guys think this is an actual live call? I think there would be confidentiality issues if this guy were cold called and then have this whole conversation posted on youtube.

You're probably right about the confidentially issues but if that's true then does she get an academy award?

Getting his prospect to talk is key. Then when he repeats whatever the prospect say is very interesting. I do not think this approach would work with someone smart. After the 3rd repeat the prospect would know your a "tin man".

It's tough to relate this to insurance sales.

He did have a couple of good points. "Doing something different to get results" That was good.

Does not matter if it was real or not. You can still learn from his video. He has great technique.

I thought he was too pushy and if I were on the other end of the phone, I would have hung up on him! He wasn't listening to the prospect, instead he was just throwing the same (more or less) questions at him.

If you guys think he has great technique, I guess we have different ideas on what makes a great cold call. This was not it. Additionally, the guy positioned the whole thing as a live call. And then failed to make it sound remotely like one.

I thought he was too pushy and if I were on the other end of the phone, I would have hung up on him! He wasn't listening to the prospect, instead he was just throwing the same (more or less) questions at him.

If you guys think he has great technique, I guess we have different ideas on what makes a great cold call. This was not it. Additionally, the guy positioned the whole thing as a live call. And then failed to make it sound remotely like one.

I've heard a lot of 'experts' say to ignore knee jerk rejections. I don't, but this has me thinking that maybe I should?

There's more than one way to skin a cat, the road to sales success is broad not narrow, all paths have a genesis in the basics....Marry....Sizzle.....Close.

Having gone from telemarketer grunt, to Call Center Sales Manager T.O. (Take Over/Closer).....there are many ways to get the "sale". depending on diff factors and environments, you may need to hard close.....

SOME PEOPLE want u to hard close them, especially in real estate, some folks believe if you wont fight them for the listing u got no ballz, and if ur not gonna be aggressive/persistent with them u wont be aggressive getting their property sold.

Others need other things, more comfort and rapport before they trust you, and some people take aggressive assertiveness as a weakness.

It's like a soldier, you got some tools, each used for a diff purpose...
......knife
...... automatic rifle
.......side arm
.......hand grenade
.......sniper rifle
......shotgun

Just like u dont take ur sniper rifle and try and quick scope the enemy, in a mob like some mw3 noob, u take ur m16 and start cutting people down.

Peeps got to learn some psychology.

Back