Best Cold Call Ever

Selling is very much like acting. Some can cry tears on cue. Others can't cry tears even with an onion on their lap. The key to success is to make lots of calls, be yourself and use some of the techniques from those who have been successful. If you have made cold calls for a while you know this was staged. It is not the real world. The real world might be Frank who fully qualifies in 60 seconds. If no interest he is on to the next call. At least he says that is so.

Selling is very much like acting. Some can cry tears on cue. Others can't cry tears even with an onion on their lap. The key to success is to make lots of calls, be yourself and use some of the techniques from those who have been successful. If you have made cold calls for a while you know this was staged. It is not the real world. The real world might be Frank who fully qualifies in 60 seconds. If no interest he is on to the next call. At least he says that is so.

Thanks for noticing.

It is so. I determine in the first 60 seconds whether or not I can save them money and I will have a pretty good idea if they are going to qualify.

If I can both save them money and I believe they will qualify I will stay on the phone with them until I hear by the tone of their voice that they are either ready for me to set the appointment or close over the phone.

This technique really works the best with Med Supps.

Unlike real estate, there are so many different ways to approach this business. I think assertiveness like his for insurance is probably a terrible idea, people close down too easily when it comes to insurance, too many crooks floating around out there.

Unlike real estate, when the paperwork is done and over with, it's going to take a while before the insured really starts to see the benefit of what they just did. There's no check handed to them or (or keys).

I'm in the suspicious camp about how real the videos are. The rejections are a little too on cue for me.

I've mentioned before that I knew a guy in the industry who was crazy aggressive on the phone. He got stood up all the time, way more than anyone else. He didn't last long, too much fighting over the phone to set an appointment that didn't keep.

I agree with YouGotMyMoney and BNTRS........

There are so many different ways to "bag a client" in sales, in general. But especially in insurance like "Money" wrote we must become qualified with different weapons to become even a basic MARINE.

Same thing in insurance sales, but what makes this a great gig is you can be successful primarily doing what you a) feel comfortable with or b) what you feel you are good at.....Either works in this biz.

Sniper or hand2hand you can bag 'em your way

Remember, these people just took their house off the market after 6 months of going nowhere.

They're pissed, angry, and emotionally-spent.

But deep down, they *really* would like to sell, given a fair deal. Probably more at the 6-month mark than when they first listed it.

But definitely a different approach than selling insurance. Wonder if it would be as effective.

This is similar in some aspects to working aged internet leads. Someone shopped insurance, got overloaded, never pulled the trigger, they need to have someone (who is sane) help them finalize the process.

It's also a bit different in that real estate is selling, not buying. There are usually large motivating factors involved that require action. With insurance, 3-6 months later, that motivation is frequently gone or dealt with already (i.e., already got insurance for the house or new car).

I know when I sold my last house, I was going crazy trying to make something happen. Had a great realtor, but bad market. Didn't want to give the house away either.

Dan

I thought he was fantastic.

He had a lot of guts and he ALWAYS
ALWAYS asked a question to regain control.

It is true many people will hang up on you
but he played their emotions. Great job and
great video.

Love his slogan...."I don't do this for fun, I do it to be number one!"

This guy presents a good example of leaving no stones unturned in the quest to generate business.

You got the appointment but will they be there when you are? People try to basically be nice when the tell us they are not interested and you can keep them on the phone and keep pushing, but later they will usually reclaim their original position and simply avoid your call or avoid answering the door altogether. True, if you do catch up with them there is a very good chance to close but wouldn't make more sense to spend time with people who actually want to see us? There are plenty of them already out there. At least he was smart enough to make his follow up appt the same day, I would of been over in 20 minutes before the prospect could regain his composure.

Last edited:
Love to lead them with questions, learned that as a young Army recruiter. Agree that the insurance business is different from real estate, great video though.

Back