Best Cold Call Ever

Real estate guys always have a script. Google or youtube the Mike Ferry expired listing script. thats all this is but done well it works, I've seen it.

Real or fake, can't discredit this guy. There's a lot to learn from these videos.

I think he's done this so many times, he ends up asking the same questions which makes it sound scripted.

He does what he does well. He addresses each and every objection by first sympathizing with the prospect then following it up with targeted questions, which keeps him in control of the conversation AND makes the prospect verbally speak what they're already thinking.

Most of these people ultimately do want to sell their house. That's why they were listed in the first place. They just have a huge wall up because they've lost belief in the agents. It takes an aggressive guy like this to break down the wall and restore the belief that their house actually can be sold.

The prospects probably think: "if this guy can convince me, he probably can get my house sold."

Survival of the fittest in business.

The lesson I learned from these videos is that although insurance and real estate are totally different animals...the concepts remain the same. Handling then overcoming the objections and closing on the appointment.

Wish there were videos of someone doing this with insurance!

You guys should see the video where the lady hangs up on him; he calls her right back and closes the appointment (and eventually the deal, too).

I dont have nearly as much experience as most of you guys on here. But I will say one thing, I LOVE BEING HUNG UP ON! When someone hangs up on me and I call right back with a BS line of disconnection, they are stunned and atleast half the time I can get them to proceed with a presentation and I close a lot of them.

I personally think people dont expect you to call back and when you do they realize they have to actually deal with you or you wont disappear. :D

Interesting! He know his thing. He has proper timing and he really provides value and not just push his service. Thanks for sharing this.

I dont have nearly as much experience as most of you guys on here. But I will say one thing, I LOVE BEING HUNG UP ON! When someone hangs up on me and I call right back with a BS line of disconnection, they are stunned and atleast half the time I can get them to proceed with a presentation and I close a lot of them.

I personally think people dont expect you to call back and when you do they realize they have to actually deal with you or you wont disappear. :D

Never heard of anyone doing it this way and would have not thought this would have worked...HMm.

Interesting! He know his thing. He has proper timing and he really provides value and not just push his service. Thanks for sharing this.

Well said, it's nice to see someone who realizes the value in agents doing their own telemarketing and making the initial phone call themselves as opposed to hiring someone to do this.

Prospecting is what professional agents do and why the really successful ones have learned to prospect as opposed to purchasing telemarketed leads. A telemarketers job is to "push", they get paid based on the agent purchasing the "lead".

When the agent makes the initial phone call, as opposed to having someone who really doesn't have a vested interest in making the sale make the call, the call is always going to generate more interest and business.

Agents who are really interested in making more sales to the people they contact will have much more success and generate more revenue by making the initial phone call themselves.

An agent who learns to prospect will make more money selling fewer policies than the agent who spends their hard earned commission dollars on telemarketed leads, hands down. Learning how to prospect and knowing how to do it effectively has proved to be the most valuable use of my "precious" time. It definitely, dramatically increased my income.

When the agent does their own prospecting and makes a sale they get to put almost 100% of the commission in their pocket as opposed to the agent who has to sell several policies each month just to cover the cost of purchasing telemarketed leads. What we do, at least what I do, is prospecting for insurance. The actual selling and writing apps only comprises a small percent of the time agents spend at this job.

In all the years I have been in this business I have never known of or met an agent who is so busy writing apps, not going on unsuccessful appointments but writing apps all day every day that they didn't have time to prospect. Buying telemarketed "leads" and going on appointments where the people have no intention of buying yes, writing apps all day every day definitely no.

Agents should give themselves a raise in 2012 and add "learning to prospect" to their selling portfolio. Put all of the money you make in your pocket this year.

I watched several of them and each time the agent engaged the prospect in a casual conversation. The agents weren't using a "script", they weren't in a hurry to blow through the call. They even put their finger in the hole and turned the wheel.

Their voices were calm and soothing, no hype. They made it sound like a typical call they would have with a friend. Two of the ones I watched were both around a nine minute call. The agent didn't hang up as soon as the prospect said they weren't interested. How many insurance agents do you think would stay on the phone for nine minutes with a prospect or know how to keep them on the phone after they hear the words "I'm not interested"?

The agents were obviously experts and extremely knowledgeable about the products/services they were selling. None of them stuttered, paused, nor sounded like they were making it up as they go along.

I'll bet money that none of them set "goals" for themselves based on the number of calls they make per hour. In my mind that is counter productive. It shifts the focus from making money to simply making calls.

All of them made the initial phone call themselves. They didn't have a "telemarketer" make that initial phone call. I hear agents saying all the time, "My time is too valuable to cold call". Apparently their time isn't that "valuable" since they are making that initial cold call themselves.

How does that work? There time, according to some agents, apparently isn't "valuable" since they are doing their own calling yet they are well into and probably beyond a six figure income.

I've said it over and over, cold calling is a learned, well-practiced art. It doesn't come naturally and it isn't going to work by simply calling and reading a "script". Everyone of them had a telephone "presentation" geared to engage the prospect in a casual, relaxed conversation.

Agents don't like cold calling and claim it doesn't work because they don't know how to do it successfully. It's just as simple as that.

Cold calling has been very successful for me and I find it to be the easiest, simplest, most productive and cost effective way of getting new clients.

A agree cold calling is still effective despite the best efforts of the government to shut it down. (Do not call )

Back