Best companies for new Life Agents?

Let's take the pressure off of the companies/agencies for a bit.

What if... you could be trained BEFORE you start? Then, after you started, you only need specific product knowledge, someone to show you around, and the way things worked at THAT agency?

What if... you could have your training done for $30/month... and, if you liked it, you could then purchase a suite of tools, templates, power points, etc.?

The Insurance Pro Shop offers online VIDEO training that really is the training I wish I got my first week with a captive career agency. And yes, it's only $30/month right now.
The Leading Insurance Marketing And Sales Training For Today's Advisors

Later, you can purchase one of their systems for $1,000 or less that include the templates, power points, and other tools.

Thanks for the information! You have given me a lot to think about. I suppose my thought was that I would like to get FIRST get affiliated with a company that will gladly take someone like me (in my early 30s, new to the industry and new to selling) under its wing to give me the tools I need to succeed. I am not opposed to jumping in on a subscription-based training service but I am naturally skeptical given all the useless companies out there that claim to promote viable, legitimate opportunities for agents. When searching job engine sites for opportunities I tend to get a bit jaded as most sound very scam-like.

DHK - Could you please elaborate on your experience with this product suite?

What companies have you tried so far?

Hi - I have not interviewed with any agencies thus far. Currently I just have my Life/Health license and have not yet gone the P&C route and most of the job opportunities I come across online for new agents are geared toward P&C. So that has created a bit of a challenge in my search. It's hard to decipher the legitimate versus the non-legitimate.

Would you mind sharing which agencies you have worked with? Which would you recommend?

Thanks.

I guess my thoughts are that you become an indy so that you create this atmosphere and not rely on a company to do so... :yes:

Thanks for the reply. I agree that it's best to be pro-active and not rely on a company/person to hand you all the tools. And yes, being an independent agent appeals to me but I foresee a lot of hurdles with that out of the gate. 1) I don't have a sales background and am new to all this 2) I am not the type of guy that has a ton of business contacts

Therefore, it doesn't seem practical for me to expect to start up a pop-up agency on my own just yet. This is why I am looking to establish the groundwork first.

This makes me wonder... Are there indy agents out there looking for newbies to train and help grow their business? If so, how do I find said agent(s)?

You have a lot of choices. I've represented d several companies and am happy to share my experiences. Still represent a handful but focus on three that have unique products that sets us apart and opens doors. Drop me an email with contact number and we'll set a time to talk. Gary at Insurance dot Lassin dot com. Yes, there are two dots in my email address.

Thanks so much! I will reach out to you shortly.

Thanks for the information! You have given me a lot to think about. I suppose my thought was that I would like to get FIRST get affiliated with a company that will gladly take someone like me (in my early 30s, new to the industry and new to selling) under its wing to give me the tools I need to succeed. I am not opposed to jumping in on a subscription-based training service but I am naturally skeptical given all the useless companies out there that claim to promote viable, legitimate opportunities for agents. When searching job engine sites for opportunities I tend to get a bit jaded as most sound very scam-like.

DHK - Could you please elaborate on your experience with this product suite?

Here's your problem right now: The biggest mistake you can make in the insurance business... is to treat it like you're looking for a job, expecting the company or agency to actually train you.

Unfortunately, most companies are set up to just recruit a bunch of people and see what sticks. This means that your success is going to be YOUR responsibility rather than your company's responsibility. After all, the company can easily replace you.

I'd recommend watching this video @Rearden did a little while ago:

As for the Insurance Pro Shop, my testimonial(s) are on their website.

Let's back up - do you have an idea of what you want to DO and who you want to SERVE? I created this video to help new agents figure out what direction they want to go and how to tell good advice from bad advice. It might be worth your time.

Thanks for the reply. I agree that it's best to be pro-active and not rely on a company/person to hand you all the tools. And yes, being an independent agent appeals to me but I foresee a lot of hurdles with that out of the gate. 1) I don't have a sales background and am new to all this 2) I am not the type of guy that has a ton of business contacts

Therefore, it doesn't seem practical for me to expect to start up a pop-up agency on my own just yet. This is why I am looking to establish the groundwork first.

This makes me wonder... Are there indy agents out there looking for newbies to train and help grow their business? If so, how do I find said agent(s)?

I am sure there are some IMO's or FMO's that would take you on... but you need to do some looking before your leap.

Do some searching here and on the web... I would use youtube to get started... then read, watch, and take notes... this will help you square away some questions to ask an agent when you get a chance to sit down with one...

Hard work is key... ability to withstand rejection and move on is a must... ability to learn on the fly is gold...

But... know where you want to land before your jump... other wise this could end up being a very bad dream...

Fill free to ask more questions. :)

Back