Best Company and Strategy to Start an Agency?

daythunder

Expert
I want to start an agency but not quiet sure which company should I start my agency with. As every Insurance company want to check your book of business which I don't have right now before they appoint you as an agent. Any suggestion is appreciated.

I want to start an agency but not quiet sure which company should I start my agency with. As every Insurance company want to check your book of business which I don't have right now before they appoint you as an agent. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Assuming you are talking P&C. If that is the case I would make two suggestions. One is talk to Erie if available in your state and talk to the clusters.

This may be a useful site for you. https://www.agencyequity.com/

Last edited:
I started a scratch agency March of 2012. Call me sometime I would be glad to help. Now have over 7 direct appointments and 700k in premium. 864-630-9905. Miles Merwin

I started a scratch agency March of 2012. Call me sometime I would be glad to help. Now have over 7 direct appointments and 700k in premium. 864-630-9905. Miles Merwin

Wow... That's awesome. I'm thinking of going independent as a scratch agency. Man, can I call you up? I need some ideas and information. I'm in Las Vegas trying to get things going. I have started a business plan, but needed some insights on a few things. Let me know if I can call you. Thanks!

Back