Best Deal on Courier Services for Agents

In insurance we have to courier documents to the prospects for signature/completion of the formalities etc as well as send them a shipping label to return it back.

I was wondering how to get the best deal on courier services. I know one can setup an account with UPS/Fedex but they don't offer the best prices to starters. Any other way of getting better prices?

Last edited:
In insurance we have to courier documents to the prospects for signature/completion of the formalities etc as well as send them a shipping label to return it back.

I was wondering how to get the best deal on courier services. I know one can setup an account with UPS/Fedex but they don't offer the best prices to starters. Any other way of getting better prices?

Some carriers have a discount with FedEx /UPS so ask the carrier. Also ask if original signatures are required because if not fax works wonders. Add in the all the eapps these days. Failing all that if this is a case I am making money on a priority mail envelope for $5 to them an a postage paid envelope back is cheap compared to driving out to see some clients.

Thanks! You are right in some cases faxed forms may be good enough.

Do large brokers like EZLife or National Brokers have discounted rates with major couriers?

I liked sending is by priority @$5 but I wish we can get it back swiftly too, may look more professional to the client.

Some carriers have a discount with FedEx /UPS so ask the carrier. Also ask if original signatures are required because if not fax works wonders. Add in the all the eapps these days. Failing all that if this is a case I am making money on a priority mail envelope for $5 to them an a postage paid envelope back is cheap compared to driving out to see some clients.

Plus 1. I priority out most apps and policies that I am not doing F2F. Doing them on line includes delivery confirmation. If I do not get the app back I just cancel the app and get a refund. I have used them on phone number request on orphans also. Just appears more official and important.

Plus 1. I priority out most apps and policies that I am not doing F2F. Doing them on line includes delivery confirmation. If I do not get the app back I just cancel the app and get a refund. I have used them on phone number request on orphans also. Just appears more official and important.

How do you cancel and get money back....I also use click and ship from USPS for sending things out but can't get a good answer on how to use it for return as I need to include zip code where it will be dropped and day.

How do you cancel and get money back....I also use click and ship from USPS for sending things out but can't get a good answer on how to use it for return as I need to include zip code where it will be dropped and day.

Honesty I do not know. My beautiful assistant does all that. We always put postage paid for returns. We got most of our initial information from VolAgent.

I have used priority mail with return priority mail envelopes. I just estimate the day it will be mailed back. But I really don't think the return zip code has to match what you input. I recently had one where I used their home zip code, but they mailed it from a different zip code. And the day it was mailed was different than the date i estimated. It was still delivered.

Thankfully I haven't had to try to get a refund.

The limitations seem to be guidelines. I use USPS click and ship too. It goes out to the client with my office as the return address..My return label is my address and the return address is also my office. Never had a zip code issue, my zip code is clearly WA and the return label is my address, and they drop it in zip codes in other states.

I just pick the farthest day out for my return label which is only like 4 days I think. I have had many apps mailed back 1 week- 2 weeks even a month after that date and never had a problem. Especially since it takes 2-3 of the 4 days on the return label to arrive anyway.

No you don't...

Priority mail is flat rate, zip code sent from doesn't matter. Although you can put it in so you can see where it is from before you open it. That information is printed on the label. Also, you can enter ship date, but you can only go a few days out. They can drop the thing in the mail months later and it will still be delivered to you.

Back