Best Direct Contracts for FIA'S

Midland. Because they have great ratings and strong products.

AILIC. Strong ratings and good no frills products.

I know some guys around here use JN. Like Ailic it is a bare bones no frills Yearly Cap type product. And of course JN has great ratings.

ING has a direct contract (Im not sure if they still do with Voya but I have not received a letter telling me Im dropped). But of course their products suck right now and I havent used them in over 5 years.

How is JN with commissions?

Im not contracted so Im not 100% sure. Im fairly certain they are middle of the road to low compared to the industry overall. I would guess they arent the best but they arent the worst.

I think Larry Tew is contracted with them and has sold a few of their IAs in the past.

Midland's comp is average.

How is Midland when it comes to suitability? % of assets in annuities

Anything over 50% of liquid assets is flagged for a heightened suitability review. If over 70% are in annuities they require that part of those assets not be under Surrender Charges.

Obviously the guidelines are just "general", and each case is reviewed on it's own merits.

Hands down the best company in terms of service and expediency is JN. I overnight docs and will get a call usually by end of the day if corrections are needed. Once the client money is received at JN the commissions hit my account in a couple days.

I've got a case that is going to push the %, but client still has good liquidity and income. Client is sending letter that highlights reasons for wanting, etc. Hopefully, it'll go through because they really like the product.

Anything over 50% of liquid assets is flagged for a heightened suitability review. If over 70% are in annuities they require that part of those assets not be under Surrender Charges.

Obviously the guidelines are just "general", and each case is reviewed on it's own merits.

Back