Best Direct Mail Leads Companies

insuredubv1220

After 15 years in the captive life insurance business with AIG I'm now independent with an FMO and am struggling to find a good final expense direct mail leads house. I placed an order with a company called Target leads and sold a few (guaranteed issue which are paid as paid) but they are really low end with little money to spare. I am in WV (I realize demographics are part of that equation) but want to purchase some leads up towards Pittsburgh. Any good leads house suggestions?!

After 15 years in the captive life insurance business with AIG I'm now independent with an FMO and am struggling to find a good final expense direct mail leads house. I placed an order with a company called Target leads and sold a few (guaranteed issue which are paid as paid) but they are really low end with little money to spare. I am in WV (I realize demographics are part of that equation) but want to purchase some leads up towards Pittsburgh. Any good leads house suggestions?!

Running DM leads for over 13 years now the best I've used are RGI. But you have to get with an IMO that has RGI. You can't buy RGI leads yourself unless you buy 1000 at a time.

Probably the second best were TLC, The Lead Connection.

He has many flavors to chose from on the wording. I preferred the E64 card.

Chris is very helpful at checking the demographics for you too.

Looks like closest town in WV to Pittsburgh is Wheeling--and thats an hour.

Few agents here will agree but--FE --in MY experience--is easy to sell but often hard to KEEP it sold. Buyers are not educated (which is why they need it) and will get buyers remorse--or they didn't tell the truth on the app--or their banking info is wrong-or someone came to their door and sold them GI for $5 less---and on and on. Too often there is running around AFTER the sale and if you're 150 miles away its going to be hard to KEEP the policies sold

Chris at Lead Connections is a great guy and has WONDERFUL service. But you might want to rethink your area. Wouldn't there be more WV folks of lower income/education compared to Pittsburgh?

Matt Schmidt knows "The Burg", but he doesn't practice the standard FE business model. Not really possible when he was moonlighting as the greatest third baseman of all time, but I digress.

Anyway, I started out working LTC leads and my mentor would avoid mailing the Scranton/ Wilkes-Barre area as well as the Allentown/ Bethlehem/ Easton corridor. Why? Chock full of union people and Polish/ Slovak types (Pittsburgh has almost identical demographics). Union people hate salesmen and insurance companies (also not used to paying for insurance), while the Polish/Slovak folks are very suspicious of outsiders. Nothing personal as he was a former union man himself. He just liked to eat.:yes:

If someone out there has personal experience to the contrary and thinks I'm full of soup, that's ok. I am open to correction.

ya but but but but-aint Uncle Joe Biden from Scranton? And we all know how tough he is!

Best advice on FE was "FE is sold in the hood or the woods"---urban working class or rural areas.

Last edited:
ya but but but but-aint Uncle Joe Biden from Scranton? And we all know how tough he is!

Best advice on FE was "FE is sold in the hood or the woods"---urban working class or rural areas.

They should have listened to Joe. He attended a Trump rally in Scranton and immediately knew they were in trouble. He was the proverbial "canary in the coal mine" (no pun intended).

But I know a woman who is as sweet as apple pie who made the mistake of saying hello to an old woman on the street in Old Forge (tiny town just below Scranton). The response? "What are saying you hi to me for? I don't know you! Old Forge- Great pizza, tough crowd.:yes:

Man, PA Bill, you must be meeting all the wrong people here. Or maybe I'm just used to the assholes because I used to sell windows up here...

Either way, got two policies in Wilkes Barre today!

Back