Best FMO or IMO for Medicare Advantage & Medicare Supplements for contracting

Sheila Spears

Expert
I am trying to find a FMO or IMO to contract with to sell Medicare Advantage & Medicare Supplements. What
I'm looking for in a FMO is good training, support, of course a signed release and someone who has a selection of Lead Programs and Services, of course high commissions (though I know everyone pays the same with Medicare Advantage), also is contracted with a large selection of carriers for doing Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplements.

Any additional perks, like training and help on teaching how to do phone sales and e-applications, a CRM system, a Referral tracking system and other perks would even be better.

I came from a background of selling Final Expense primarily but I want to get a whole lot more into the Medicare Advantage & Medicare Supplement market selling those products and to upsell Final Expense policies whenever possible. Any help and suggestions for the most reputable and best FMO or IMO would be greatly appreciated.

I’m just waiting for someone to reply as I’m looking for the same. Have you had any luck since this post?

N.A.A.I.P. Medicare will give you 1,000 free mailers for every 5 Medicare Advantage sales while you are highest CMS compensation. For Medicare supplement 10 sales gets you 1,000 free mailers while you get highest allowed compensation as well.

Last edited:
Medicare Advantage requires lots of training and compliance. Each zip code might have a different MA plan specific to that area . Med Supp is much easier to learn. I would start with Med Supps and add MA in a few months. There are lots of good IMOs for Med Supp but for MA I suggest you find someone local that can mentor you. You will need to pass AHIP (4+ hours) and then EVERY carrier will require thier own certification test, so add another 1 to 2 hours for each carrier the first year you take them.

Leads, CRM, etc will be at your cost. Start with index cards, spread sheet or free CRM first.
Market to your current FE clients first.

No everyone does not pay the same for medicare advantage

Many times FMO's that have a very generous lead program will pay less, but there are some that do give mailer funds based on production that pay street

Can you tell me who you went with? I am looking now

We can supply all of the things asked for in the original post. We don't have an in-house lead program (at this very moment anyway), so you will have to get those on your own. We do have recommendations for that though.

I am trying to find a FMO or IMO to contract with to sell Medicare Advantage & Medicare Supplements. What
I'm looking for in a FMO is good training, support, of course a signed release and someone who has a selection of Lead Programs and Services, of course high commissions (though I know everyone pays the same with Medicare Advantage), also is contracted with a large selection of carriers for doing Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplements.

Any additional perks, like training and help on teaching how to do phone sales and e-applications, a CRM system, a Referral tracking system and other perks would even be better.

I came from a background of selling Final Expense primarily but I want to get a whole lot more into the Medicare Advantage & Medicare Supplement market selling those products and to upsell Final Expense policies whenever possible. Any help and suggestions for the most reputable and best FMO or IMO would be greatly appreciated.
3501.jpg

Back