Best IMO/FMO for newer agent wanting to sell IUL's

JONATHAN PICKENS

Hello all!

I am a newer agent (5 months), licensed in 6 States, currently working for an IMO that does not have a lot of IUL carrier options, and is only paying 55% on APV for an IUL. They also do not offer a lot of support when it comes to learning more about IUL's (as well as Annuities), both of which I am very interested in focusing my marketing efforts towards once I am properly trained and know these products inside & out.

Due to my previous career (18 years in financial services), I have a lot of interest in learning more about how to properly structure an IUL for clients, and building a strong reputation as an expert.

If anyone can recommend an IMO/FMO that has a strong IUL & Annuity carrier network, and that offers mentorship/learning opportunities, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

The issue is you’re talking about a niche with inside a niche and you’re not going to find a ton of consistent marketing this way.

Yes, there is infinite banking and other marketing strategies but still you’re looking for a needle in two different haystacks on top of each other.

Hello all!

I am a newer agent (5 months), licensed in 6 States, currently working for an IMO that does not have a lot of IUL carrier options, and is only paying 55% on APV for an IUL. They also do not offer a lot of support when it comes to learning more about IUL's (as well as Annuities), both of which I am very interested in focusing my marketing efforts towards once I am properly trained and know these products inside & out.

Due to my previous career (18 years in financial services), I have a lot of interest in learning more about how to properly structure an IUL for clients, and building a strong reputation as an expert.

If anyone can recommend an IMO/FMO that has a strong IUL & Annuity carrier network, and that offers mentorship/learning opportunities, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

Pretty Slim Pickens (pun intended) for such an entity.

Thank you!

Two resources:

1) Insurance Pro Shop for training on IUL, WL, annuities, etc.

www.InsuranceProShop.com

You can get started with their online training portal for $1 for 30 days, then it's $30/month.

[EXTERNAL LINK] - Improve Your Insurance Leads and Sales for $1.00!

Here's their two YouTube channels:
https://www.youtube.com/@jnason35
https://www.youtube.com/@InsuranceProShop

2) Charlie Gipple, CFP, CLU, ChFC with his own IMO CG Financial Group, LLC. He can contract you with many different companies, but you really only need a couple and then deviate from there depending on contract features and/or underwriting.

Btw, Charlie does at least two training webinars a month on various topics, so there's plenty of learning opportunities from him, let alone the IPS team I mentioned above.

www.cgfinancialgroupllc.com

Here's his YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/@charliegipplecfpcluchfc9533

Tell them both that David Kinder sent you.

Last edited:
Two resources:

1) Insurance Pro Shop for training on IUL, WL, annuities, etc.

www.InsuranceProShop.com

You can get started with their online training portal for $1 for 30 days, then it's $30/month.

[EXTERNAL LINK] - Improve Your Insurance Leads and Sales for $1.00!

Here's their two YouTube channels:
https://www.youtube.com/@jnason35
https://www.youtube.com/@InsuranceProShop

2) Charlie Gipple, CFP, CLU, ChFC with his own IMO CG Financial Group, LLC. He can contract you with many different companies, but you really only need a couple and then deviate from there depending on contract features and/or underwriting.

Btw, Charlie does at least two training webinars a month on various topics, so there's plenty of learning opportunities from him, let alone the IPS team I mentioned above.

www.cgfinancialgroupllc.com

Here's his YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/@charliegipplecfpcluchfc9533

Tell them both that David Kinder sent you.

Thank you DHK, I appreciate the info!

The issue is you’re talking about a niche with inside a niche and you’re not going to find a ton of consistent marketing this way.
Are IUL and annuity really considered niche products? Not trying to be argumentative; just curious as to how many IULs are actually sold. At my previous agency, we only sold ULs (mostly IULs) and Terms, and it was like 30/70 or maybe even 40/60.

Also, we have an entire forum dedicated to just IUL and another just for Annuities. Can it still be called niche?

Are IUL and annuity really considered niche products? Not trying to be argumentative; just curious as to how many IULs are actually sold. At my previous agency, we only sold ULs (mostly IULs) and Terms, and it was like 30/70 or maybe even 40/60.

Also, we have an entire forum dedicated to just IUL and another just for Annuities. Can it still be called niche?

Depends on if you're a product peddler or a problem solver.

Product peddlers don't have a niche. They just present and see what happens.

Problem solvers lead with the problems the solve by exposing the problem, determining the extent of the problem... and then having their product be the ultimate solution for that problem.

Regarding the sub-forums, they're about discussing contract details and client situations, etc. Again, product peddling is not a niche, but knowing how to solve problems using the contracts we sell IS a niche.

The way you phrased your question I don’t think you understand what the word niche means.
Niche means it’s a specialized segment of the market. So yes annuities is a niche. IUL is a niche. Term insurance is a niche. None of these things is the entire insurance industry. They are all a specialized portion of it.

Back