Best IMO for a Newbie?

VoxRatioXXI

I got my life license about a month ago, I've talked to a couple of IMO's who seem to be more interested in having me recruit new members than in actually helping families and writing business. I have a full time job that I enjoy and am reasonably good at, I don't really want to be a recruiter but would like to sell MP on a part time basis, I'm thinking 5-10 policies a month. What IMO would you seasoned guys recommend? Please accept my thanks in advance for your assistance.

Mortgage protection... Cary levinson have a decent lead program.. but most people on the board respect the board member SKIPPER when it comes to mortgage protection so you could reach out to him

In my opinion, you might find more training & support with a small local office. It's not really about the IMO it's more about if your manager is willing to take the time to train you or not.

I would take a bad IMO with a great trainer verses a great IMO & bad trainer.

In my opinion, you might find more training & support with a small local office. It's not really about the IMO it's more about if your manager is willing to take the time to train you or not.

I would take a bad IMO with a great trainer verses a great IMO & bad trainer.

I agree with Broker4Ever, but I would add that a small office, one with a nice book of business and seasoned insurance agents is an awesome way to get started really helping people, especially if you are ok with not doing huge amounts of volume, not to say you couldn't.

Really depends on your level of SALES and Negotiation experience. If you have a good background in sales and can close deals, you're going to want to go with an IMO that pays you fairly with a multitude of insurance carriers. All IMOs have weekly trainings, and the insurance companies have their own product trainings you can attend to.

If you are new to sales, you're going to want to go with someone local. Look for a manager or an office that produces $15k+ per month producers. If you are working where insurance producers are making less than $5-10k/month, you should RUN AWAY!

I've bounced from IMO to IMO and realized that many of them are the same in terms of expertise, but Family First Life gave me the highest commission and highest potential that I've found yet. I entered the industry with zero knowledge, and I train agents with no sales experience become $20k+/month producers... But the bottom line is you need to decide your own schedule, stick to it 100%, and write your own paycheck.

Back