Best Insurance Companies to Start With?

daythunder

Expert
Hi, I recently got my licenses and looking forward to open my own agency rather then going with the cluster insurance company. I would like like to know the name of the companies that work with new agents. I checked there are quite a few companies that requires insurance experience. I am searching for insurance companies that will train me before I can get appointed with them. Thank You for the responses in advance.

Hi, I recently got my licenses and looking forward to open my own agency rather then going with the cluster insurance company. I would like like to know the name of the companies that work with new agents. I checked there are quite a few companies that requires insurance experience. I am searching for insurance companies that will train me before I can get appointed with them. Thank You for the responses in advance.

Congratulation on your new career. The problem is if you do not work for a company as an employee or work for an agency they will not train you. As an IA your suppose to have experience before opening your agency other wise you will fail. :swoon::goofy:

Thank you for the response, So that means I have to work in an agency for a period of time before I can apply for to become appointed with a company? I checked Farmers ins train you then let you open your agency but that's a captive but I am looking for the same in independent insurance. Thanks for the response again.

I got my licenses in 2007 but at the time I didn't have enough time to look into insurance business. I recently renewed my licenses and sold my business so insurance is something that I liked and I was in retail business so have quite a few leads and experience in selling. Now that I don't have much of experience in insurance( worked 9 months in 2007 ) I want to start with the company that trains then appoint the agent like farmers does.

If you're in a state that Erie Ins operates...and in an area they're looking for growth...you might have a shot. Erie is one of the best, and they're one of the few that still believe in scratch agents.

Thank you for the suggestion but just checked and it seems Erie don't do business in Texas. :-(

State Farm writes great business in Texas and it may be worth taking a looking even though your heart is set on IA. At the very least you'll learn the nuts and bolts of the industry and if your good enough you might see the advantages of being captive OR maybe you wash out with enough experience to pursue an IA opportunity but now you have experience.

I work for SF in the after-hours direct writing department and I personally steal IA business every time they call in unless the clients driving records is a house of horrors. Value selling is easy when your pitching the #1 insurance company in America.

Back