Best IUL

Ugh. VUL has market risk and you cannot borrow against it in the same way you could a WL or IUL.

Ah. You were with New York Life and are brainwashed against any indexed life/annuity products. You're now understood... but not forgiven.

Hi everyone-

I am a med supp agent and I don’t do much with IUL, I do a lot of final expense since I work in the senior market but I am not the most versed on UL/IUL. I am looking to get a policy for myself and my husband and maybe even add on a term rider. We are in our 30’s. Are there any companies that anyone suggests? I have a FMO that I use but want to check outside too, I don’t know that they specialize in life.

Thanks in advance for any help!

how about we answer the OP's question .. there is not one best IUL out there but here are some companies I would stick with because of their products offer and also the companies standing.

North American/ Midland
Lincoln Financial
Penn Mutual
Allianz

THere are other attractive products out there but these ones have been doing it for a while and are pretty reliable.

You do need to know how to do it properly if cash value is your goal. If Death benefit is , chances are you may have to look elsewhere.

I would suggest you click that "search" button and read a lot of scagnt3's posts on the subject.

she said she wants an IUL with a term rider. so essentially both.. what's wrong with that?
Nothing. If the goal is to have permanent insurance with growth potential then no problem at all.

But since she already said she wasn't terribly familiar with the product what was wrong with my question? (Some of us have managed to go all our lives with just term insurance and have enough saved/investments to not need life insurance any longer).

It's called asking questions to find the right product. Some people (not you of course) are simply order takers. Others want to educate to help the client buy the product that is right for them.

Rick

I have found Minnesota Life's Orion product to be very good for projected cash accumulation.

I would generally keep the term coverage separate as a stand alone policy compared to adding it as rider to a WL/UL/IUL.

Adding as a rider can be a problem later if you couldn't afford the base policy due to divorce, unemployment or other financial issues. Keeping it separate allows you to make decisions for the separate needs without risking losing all the term if the base policy needs to end. Most clients when they call to change policies to save money want to keep the term but eliminate the base permanent in a financial pinch.

Lastly, many term riders added to UL/IUL are not level premium coverage for 10, 20 or 30 yrs. They are normally increasing in cost each year as ART term. Thus, it can drag down the performance of the base policy with those increasing deductions from the Cash Value

Back