Best IUL

Hands Down the best IUL policy out there is North American Builder Plus.
What makes them better than the others listed? Like Penn, Allianz, AIG, Minn, etc
I know NA is considererd very good but what do you feel puts them squarely ahead of the others? Curious, not bashing.

No reason for an agent to sell North American unless they just dont know what they are doing and need an IMO to hold their hand... which means they shouldnt be selling IUL in the first place.

Midland is basically the exact same policy (same parent company, basically "sister" policies) but with lower expenses and better CV performance. (last I compared the two at least)

Of course a recruiter for an IMO is never going to tell you that, because Midland contracts direct and bypasses IMOs.

Last edited:
No reason for an agent to sell North American unless they just dont know what they are doing and need an IMO to hold their hand... which means they shouldnt be selling IUL in the first place.

Midland is basically the exact same policy (same parent company, basically "sister" policies) but with lower expenses and better CV performance. (last I compared the two at least)

Of course a recruiter for an IMO is never going to tell you that, because Midland contracts direct and bypasses IMOs.

I dont think midland is objectively better though. I have seen many other carriers illustrate higher initial db's and better policy values.

Thats because they are most likely illustration higher average returns.. or there are bonus in the returns that are not guaranteed.. I have seen tons of other companies misrepresent their returns to show higher cash value... It comes down to what you get for the overall package. There is no competition when you compare an apples to apples of Midland vs...

Illustrations are really the least important thing when it comes to determining which company to put a clients money with. Since IUL is meant to be over funded and you are trying to get the smallest death benefit and the highest cash growth. If DB is what you want there are better options. So start with the bask end which policy gives someone the most flexible options for taking money out. are the bonuses guaranteed,is the index illustrated based on a long running standard like the S&P 500 or is it a new synthetic index that may have been back tested and curve fit to project forward but has no real long term historical record on which to base future performance. Is the variable loan rate capped. Can you change from fixed to variable rate at any time without penalty and without paying back the old loan.
Answer these questions and then look at illustrations

Back